Is there anyway of getting out of an o2 contract ???

19 replies
Found 4th Aug 2009
I have an 18 month o2 contract which i want out of......

its not due to finish till feb 2010....

anyone know if i can get out of it ?

19 Comments

i'm in the same boat, with orange, i'm tempted to ring up and claim i've lost my job, therefore cannot afford the monthly bills.

I think you can reduce the plan your on though.... I did that on my last TMobile one, with 6 months to go from 40 a month to 20 a month.

Original Poster

i see.....

im on an 18 month, i get 1200 mins 1000 txts for £30 (obviously with a phone)

there is nothing wrong with the contract but i just want to go back to sim only deal....

give them a ring, see what you can do, can you keep me updated with your progress?

jasonodell;5928567

i'm in the same boat, with orange, i'm tempted to ring up and claim i've … i'm in the same boat, with orange, i'm tempted to ring up and claim i've lost my job, therefore cannot afford the monthly bills.I think you can reduce the plan your on though.... I did that on my last TMobile one, with 6 months to go from 40 a month to 20 a month.

I thought you can cancel early on Orange now because of the new pricing of their calls?

watch out
as it might affect tp your credit rating i think as they do check it at the beginning

Original Poster

jasonodell;5928607

give them a ring, see what you can do, can you keep me updated with your … give them a ring, see what you can do, can you keep me updated with your progress?

i shall call them in a few hours and post back

Spriggan;5928610

I thought you can cancel early on Orange now because of the new pricing … I thought you can cancel early on Orange now because of the new pricing of their calls?

care to elaborate??

bhara;5928618

watch outas it might affect tp your credit rating i think as they do … watch outas it might affect tp your credit rating i think as they do check it at the beginning

mines crap anyway... not too fussed about it yet lol

jasonodell;5928637

care to elaborate??

You not read this? hotukdeals.com/ite…ly/ People don't see to have any problems cancelling their Orange contract.

Banned

what is the lowest priced o2 plan that still gives you internet bolt on?

Original Poster

bykergrove;5928699

what is the lowest priced o2 plan that still gives you internet bolt on?

simplicity give you a bolt on...... £19. a month

Banned

i meant on contract.

i'm paying £35 a month

Original Poster

bykergrove;5928780

i meant on contract.i'm paying £35 a month

ohhh ermm.... there was a retention deal going around on here for £20 with a Blackberry

other than that go with online deals as they are better... try the o2 website

Spriggan;5928690

You not read this? … You not read this? http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/447987/cancel-your-orange-contract-early/ People don't see to have any problems cancelling their Orange contract.

i just read, the whole thing, just to look at my phone, and realise i'm on t-mobile.....

Banned

jasonodell;5928972

i just read, the whole thing, just to look at my phone, and realise i'm … i just read, the whole thing, just to look at my phone, and realise i'm on t-mobile.....

bwahahhahahah!!
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="7"]EPIC FAIL[/SIZE][/COLOR]

jasonodell;5928972

i just read, the whole thing, just to look at my phone, and realise i'm … i just read, the whole thing, just to look at my phone, and realise i'm on t-mobile.....

eh? How come you said you was with Orange then lol

If you've agreed to a contract for x months then you're tied to it. Even if you tell them you've lost your job that's not a reason for them to cancel.

Most networks will let you drop a band at some point, some half way through some only in the last month (because a lot of people were getting a very expensive handset then then dropping their plan right away, so the network didn't make to cost of the phone back. they're not really free you know. . ).

They will let you reduce your contract by £5 max per month until you get it to £20 (I think thats the lowest they'll do).

Otherwise you can pay your outstanding line rental for the remainder of the contract and they will then terminate it (bargain).

Don't think they will play ball with any excuses unfortunately, they're not really that arsed when Ive contacted them in the past.

Spriggan;5929204

eh? How come you said you was with Orange then lol

i forgot i moved from orange to t-mobile. gutted.

and yes.

FACT

I failed
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564097
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322820
    3. So Flubit is still terrible. What happened?!1111
    4. word association Game74244865

See more discussions