Is there anywhere to watch Dexter legally online?

Found 22nd Jul 2011
As title really, I want to watch the new season of Dexter which is running on FXUK on Sky but I don't have Sky any more.

I even have access to Sky Go through my dad's account but it's not available on there.

I don't mind paying for it and trying to resist just finding a streaming option but it's not on itunes/blinkbox.
Community Updates
MiscTVWatchDexter
31 Comments
Just watch online you tart, can't see you getting arrested over watching a few Dexter episodes streamed online.
fmgod

Just watch online you tart, can't see you getting arrested over watching … Just watch online you tart, can't see you getting arrested over watching a few Dexter episodes streamed online.

Can't see you getting arrested even if you downloaded a torrent, as its not even unlawful far less illegal.
haggis1984

Can't see you getting arrested even if you downloaded a torrent, as its … Can't see you getting arrested even if you downloaded a torrent, as its not even unlawful far less illegal.

That's a fair comment. However I've just removed another link posted in this thread by a member. We don't permit direct links to those sites. Often, as was the case in the link (now removed), you'll get pop ups appearing that are adult related.
haggis1984

Can't see you getting arrested even if you downloaded a torrent, as its … Can't see you getting arrested even if you downloaded a torrent, as its not even unlawful far less illegal.

I thought all those people got letters fining them or taking them to court if they refused the fine for downloading torrents?
MattyBoi

I thought all those people got letters fining them or taking them to … I thought all those people got letters fining them or taking them to court if they refused the fine for downloading torrents?

The letters came from a company called ACS Law. Being a private company they can't issue fines, people paid these purely out of ignorance. ACS Law took only one case to court which was immediately thrown out by the judge and have since been liquidated.

Peoples ignorance of this frustrates me greatly, it's not like I had to spend hours researching to find this out. Simply a modicum of common sense. I repeat...downloading/uploading copyrighted material has never been proven to be either unlawful (in which case the copyright holder could sue the uploader) or illegal (criminal).
Edited by: "haggis1984" 22nd Jul 2011
Google 'watch series', first link, click D, click Dexter, and enjoy!
Abvance

Google 'watch series', first link, click D, click Dexter, and enjoy!

But the programme makers don't get any money for their work.

Would you be happy for that to happen at your job, if you have one?
haggis1984

Peoples ignorance of this frustrates me greatly, it's not like I had to … Peoples ignorance of this frustrates me greatly, it's not like I had to spend hours researching to find this out. Simply a modicum of common sense. I repeat...downloading/uploading copyrighted material has never been proven to be either unlawful (in which case the copyright holder could sue the uploader) or illegal (criminal).

Just in May a Scottish woman was convicted for her file sharing activities...
tomshardware.co.uk/Ann…tml

And in the Oink case, 4 uploaders were also convicted...
afterdawn.com/new…ice
greatest666

Just in May a Scottish woman was convicted for her file sharing … Just in May a Scottish woman was convicted for her file sharing activities...http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Anne-Muir-Scotland-File-Sharing-Punishment-Conviction,news-35686.htmlAnd in the Oink case, 4 uploaders were also convicted...http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2009/01/24/oink_uploaders_get_community_service

The first link apparently doesn't exist.

The article on the Oink case is hardly enlightening....it's only 4 small paragraphs. I'd be extremely interested to know how exactly the uploaders were identified...I suspect they had ties to the site founder and played a part in operating the website.
hypnoticstate

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=Dexter using this … http://www.hulu.com/search?query=Dexter using this http://www.tunnelbear.com/

Being relatively safe from prosecution doesn't make it legal...
FilthAndFurry

But the programme makers don't get any money for their work.Would you be … But the programme makers don't get any money for their work.Would you be happy for that to happen at your job, if you have one?

Do the makers get more money for viewers once they sold a show to a network? I know ratings matter in US but over here?

If I like a show I'll re-watch it on UK TV (if it's on terrestrial) or buy it on a DVD/Blu-ray set. I just don't want to wait a long time for it.

I do have a job btw.
haggis1984

The first link apparently doesn't exist.The article on the Oink case is … The first link apparently doesn't exist.The article on the Oink case is hardly enlightening....it's only 4 small paragraphs. I'd be extremely interested to know how exactly the uploaders were identified...I suspect they had ties to the site founder and played a part in operating the website.

tomshardware.co.uk/Ann…tml

Copy then paste the whole line to get it to work.
Or just google scottish woman filesharing

And no, the Oink uploaders had nothing to do with the running of the site.
They were identified because the police seized all of Oinks equipment.

Better link
torrentfreak.com/oin…23/
Edited by: "greatest666" 22nd Jul 2011
That Scottish woman plead guilty. She never would've been convicted if it had gone to trial. Her lawyer was incompetent.
greatest666

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Anne-Muir-Scotland-File-Sharing-Punishment-Conviction,news-35686.htmlCopy then paste the whole line to get it to work.Or just google scottish woman filesharingAnd no, the Oink uploaders had nothing to do with the running of the site.They were identified because the police seized all of Oinks equipment.Better linkhttp://torrentfreak.com/oink-uploaders-sentenced-to-community-service-090123/

That reminds me, I've been seeding 24/7 for the past few days, and my ratio is still not 0.4!
Abvance

That reminds me, I've been seeding 24/7 for the past few days, and my … That reminds me, I've been seeding 24/7 for the past few days, and my ratio is still not 0.4!

Just have to keep at it!
greatest666

Just have to keep at it!

But I am trying! Think I'm gonna get banned soon. Hope this doesn't affect you mate, that's what I'm worried about.
Abvance

But I am trying! Think I'm gonna get banned soon. Hope this doesn't … But I am trying! Think I'm gonna get banned soon. Hope this doesn't affect you mate, that's what I'm worried about.

What is your ratio?
Have you downloaded more than 6GB?
If so read this
wiki.torrentleech.org/dok…ngs

If you get banned because of your ratio the worst that will happen to me is I lose my last invite(which I won't be using anyway)
greatest666

What is your ratio?Have you downloaded more than 6GB?If so read … What is your ratio?Have you downloaded more than 6GB?If so read thishttp://wiki.torrentleech.org/doku.php/system.warningsIf you get banned because of your ratio the worst that will happen to me is I lose my last invite(which I won't be using anyway)

Yeah, downloaded >6gb and ratio right now is 0.3. Wanted to outside seed but almost all torrents are in 14mb rar files which I don't have. Will try to extend it, thanks.
This is why back when I was still torrenting I would burn off a few DVDs full of files to seed for anybody I'd invited. With strict instructions not to download ANYTHING until they had built up a reasonable buffer.
Yeah, would have seeded first if I had known. Got a 6 day extension, TL staff are very helpful! Any good files to 'outside seed'?
haggis1984

The letters came from a company called ACS Law. Being a private company … The letters came from a company called ACS Law. Being a private company they can't issue fines, people paid these purely out of ignorance. ACS Law took only one case to court which was immediately thrown out by the judge and have since been liquidated.Peoples ignorance of this frustrates me greatly, it's not like I had to spend hours researching to find this out. Simply a modicum of common sense. I repeat...downloading/uploading copyrighted material has never been proven to be either unlawful (in which case the copyright holder could sue the uploader) or illegal (criminal).

Surely common sense would make people think that any form of sharing copyrighted material without permission is illegal. No need for such high and mighty attitude there.

I'm not bothered about it enough to search and quote but I'm sure that ACS Law were able to do what they doing because of the Digital Economy Act that was rushed through the washing-up period before the latest government came into power.
Torrentday keeps its scene uploads in rars, you could grab some from there, it's still open signups until the end of the month.
Mattyboi - the ACS Law letters predate the digital economy act by years. Can't be bothered to research then please don't bother commenting
Rubisco

Mattyboi - the ACS Law letters predate the digital economy act by years. … Mattyboi - the ACS Law letters predate the digital economy act by years. Can't be bothered to research then please don't bother commenting

I'll comment on my own thread when I like thanks. Where's the evidence to back up that claim then?
MattyBoi

I'll comment on my own thread when I like thanks. Where's the evidence to … I'll comment on my own thread when I like thanks. Where's the evidence to back up that claim then?

torrentfreak.com/hig…26/

That relates to 2008
The DEA came into force in 2010
haggis1984

The letters came from a company called ACS Law. Being a private company … The letters came from a company called ACS Law. Being a private company they can't issue fines, people paid these purely out of ignorance. ACS Law took only one case to court which was immediately thrown out by the judge and have since been liquidated.Peoples ignorance of this frustrates me greatly, it's not like I had to spend hours researching to find this out. Simply a modicum of common sense. I repeat...downloading/uploading copyrighted material has never been proven to be either unlawful (in which case the copyright holder could sue the uploader) or illegal (criminal).

Maybe you should have spent hours and it would have stopped you being frustrated at yourself.

Have a read of the copyright act and see what it says about distribution. You will find you're wrong.
colinsunderland

http://torrentfreak.com/high-profile-high-damages-file-sharing-conviction-was-a-farce-100926/That relates to 2008The DEA came into force in 2010

Fair enough, but that is just one case. I was referring to the big group cases against Sky customers among others that apparently got clocked downloading. From what I read at the time it was the DEA that meant ACS:Law could request the details of the people downloading from the ISPs. Those people's details were then inadvertantly made public IIRC.
MattyBoi

Fair enough, but that is just one case. I was referring to the big group … Fair enough, but that is just one case. I was referring to the big group cases against Sky customers among others that apparently got clocked downloading. From what I read at the time it was the DEA that meant ACS:Law could request the details of the people downloading from the ISPs. Those people's details were then inadvertantly made public IIRC.

pretty sure it was about 10,000 BT & Virgin Media customers who had their details sent out.

beyond me why people still torrent the latest films / music!

newsgroups ftw
csiman

pretty sure it was about 10,000 BT & Virgin Media customers who had their … pretty sure it was about 10,000 BT & Virgin Media customers who had their details sent out.beyond me why people still torrent the latest films / music!newsgroups ftw

Sky Customers Details' Leaked
Yes but that has nothing to do with the DEA, ACS law got court orders well before the DEA to force the ISP's to hand over this data
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions