Groups

Is there away to copy and paste text in word unformatted automatically?

Hi,

Just a quick question as above as everytime I use Ctrl and Insert it always pastes the text in rich text but is there a way to do it in unformatted?

Thanks in advance.

7 Comments

There's probably a one-step way, but the way I tend to use is copy text -> paste it into notepad -> copy it out of notepad -> paste it where you like.

Works for me anyway

i don't know of an automatic way, but you can use paste special and choose unformatted

Original Poster

Sagor;5269432

i don't know of an automatic way, but you can use paste special and … i don't know of an automatic way, but you can use paste special and choose unformatted

Thats what I do just want to shorten the whole procedure lol, thanks :thumbsup:

Paste Special is the only way.......

As above, paste special is the only way that this can be done using the available options in Word. The only other way would be by creating your own macro which thinking about it, may be quite simple to do.

Paste as normal and then use format painter button to correct it

I use a program called Puretext - you can set it to run at startup and you can program a shortcut for it, the default is Windows+V which means it pastes the text as if it had been pasted into notepad and back out again. Highly recommend it as I find it extremely annoying carrying the formatting.

John
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6551247
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764314
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846213
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394

See more discussions