is there satelliteInternet?

9 replies
Found 19th Apr 2011
for example a dongle or something like that, you pay a monthly fee and can use it in any country?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

satelliteinternet.co.uk

its not mobile though, unless you have your own small army you can have a mobile set up !

Edited by: "richp" 19th Apr 2011

Yes, there are USB dongles.

Problem is the basic packages are receive only (you need to use a dial-up modem or the GSM/Edge/UMTS connection in your phone to send data and more importantly the 90cm satellite dish is a little on the heavy side.

Best way IMO is an unlocked USB UMTS/3G stick and an assortment of SIM cards, one for each country.

Edited by: "SUMMONER" 19th Apr 2011

You can hire a satellite phone that has GPRS from o2 i think if that's what you want...

how did you manage interwebz out in hawaii brah?

For satellite, you need a dish, so if you are happy to carry a dish around and set it up accurately in each country you visit.......

why not just use an internet cafe?

Banned

Inactive

For satellite, you need a dish, so if you are happy to carry a dish … For satellite, you need a dish, so if you are happy to carry a dish around and set it up accurately in each country you visit.......

You would also still need a telephone line.

OP did you not pay attention in science class?

From what I've seen the satellite phone from o2rentals seems the best bet - but at £950 with MASSIVE charges im not sure its such a wonderful deal...

I'm sure the op can afford GBP950 and the charges, considering he earns 3million plus per annum.
OP, why not use internet in the hotel, that's what I'm doing here in Sydney!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974
    4. Heads up - Nintendo Switch Neon Console and Get Lego City Undercover and Ra…11

See more discussions