is there way to check if i got speeding fine/points?

Found 8th Oct 2015
in the morning I was travelling at approx 71mph and noticed a flash and am not sure if it was for me or someone else (it was on either on m6 or m65 so it was national speed). and then on the way back i was travelling at 70mph but got distracted and saw that my speed had gone to 75mph and there was a flash just after i went past the bridge (where the cameras were located (m6) ).

so is there a way to check if i will get speeding fine and points?
Community Updates
34 Comments
Original Poster
DAMNOME

yes, here you gohttp://www.i-database.co.uk/

already tried that its piece of **** typed in registration number for few cars gives similar results but with exact same date...according to the site i was in london on 2nd oct october where the offence was commited. i only started driving on motorway on 5th oct

Edited by moderator: "Please don`t bypass the swear filter." 8th Oct 2015
thank god for that. ..I just put in my reg and it said I had a speeding offence in Cambridge on 2nd October. ...never even been to Cambridge lol x just spent 10 minutes discussing with the hubby how to contest this lol!
10% + 2 still applies in case if u r worrying about it. So 70+7+2=79. You will be fine.
i was in Cambridge too!! apparently not correct at all
Wtf I just put in my registration and it said I have one offence against me in Thornaby on the A66 doing 82 in a 70. This is in Durham and I live in Hampshire and never even been to Durham
memedoos

Wtf I just put in my registration and it said I have one offence against … Wtf I just put in my registration and it said I have one offence against me in Thornaby on the A66 doing 82 in a 70. This is in Durham and I live in Hampshire and never even been to Durham

You should go to Durham, very nice City. Just watch your speed on the way.
I guess you will have you details compromised by giving your registration details to that site.
you can get the picture too if you click on view picture button under
http://www.i-database.co.uk/images/picavailable.jpg
My wife sped so fast it registered her in England from Northern Ireland, that's Santa's sleigh magic right there.
Hang on!! the website looks legit - very 1999ish.

No way to check. Just keep an eye on your post!
Don't worry, if it you get a ticket through a post then you get a ticket through the post, if you don't you don't. Doesn't make a difference if you find out today or next week.
JohnCrichton

My wife sped so fast it registered her in England from Northern Ireland, … My wife sped so fast it registered her in England from Northern Ireland, that's Santa's sleigh magic right there.

​Haha just seen this
I doubt you will get a fine for 5mph over the limit - they need to take into account some cars speedos are inaccurate.
iRuman

10% + 2 still applies in case if u r worrying about it. So 70+7+2=79. You … 10% + 2 still applies in case if u r worrying about it. So 70+7+2=79. You will be fine.

​you are quoting ACPO guide lines most forces don't work on that have know them to do you for 31 in a 30
they must inform you within 14 days of the offence being committed this is done via a Nip (notice of intended prosecution) through the post this only applies if you are the registered owner if you lease or rent the car they have longer.But if you did activate the camera on the way there and on the way back you obviously didn't learn from the first time
joshp

You can actually check here: http://speedingcheck.co.uk/

According to this my vehicle was caught doing 36.6mph in a 30mph zone in Chigwell, Essex, on a Sunday at 10:51..... I'm pretty sure I was still in bed at home in Brum so my car must be Herbie and do it's own thing!
joshp

Yes like that's a genuine upto date website lol

Not surprised they don't offer up some service asking you to send money now for huge discount on your speeding ticket.

My old car was supposedly doing 43.5mph down Corby High Street on 27/09/15, god knows how seen as I sold it 4 years ago and the lady I sold it to crashed it doing over 80 on a country lane and completely destroyed it.

Or my current car was seen doing 37.8mph in Corby again on 29/09 at 9.45am pretty much exact same time I was sat with my Child at school doing show and tell
Bigfootpete

I doubt you will get a fine for 5mph over the limit - they need to take … I doubt you will get a fine for 5mph over the limit - they need to take into account some cars speedos are inaccurate.

Not True, I had speeding offence SP30 from 2008 registered speed at time was logged as 34mph, I believe they allow 10% so 33 was maximum. Cant remember exact fine somewhere between £75-£100 and 3 points
cwj3820

​you are quoting ACPO guide lines most forces don't work on that have k … ​you are quoting ACPO guide lines most forces don't work on that have know them to do you for 31 in a 30

I can vouch - caught 23mph in a 20 and just been on the course. South Wales police apparently are one of the strictest with no leeway.
xPabloz

already tried that its piece of **** typed in registration number for … already tried that its piece of **** typed in registration number for few cars gives similar results but with exact same date...according to the site i was in london on 2nd oct october where the offence was commited. i only started driving on motorway on 5th oct

But how did they get your picture?
generally they give you 10% lee way but it doesn't always work as people have been done for less than 10%. it may depend on the authority or the person making decisions.
charleaward81

Yes like that's a genuine upto date website lolNot surprised they don't … Yes like that's a genuine upto date website lolNot surprised they don't offer up some service asking you to send money now for huge discount on your speeding ticket.My old car was supposedly doing 43.5mph down Corby High Street on 27/09/15, god knows how seen as I sold it 4 years ago and the lady I sold it to crashed it doing over 80 on a country lane and completely destroyed it. Or my current car was seen doing 37.8mph in Corby again on 29/09 at 9.45am pretty much exact same time I was sat with my Child at school doing show and tell

Lol its a joke, not a scam site X)
Edited by: "joshp" 9th Oct 2015
joshp

What a joke. I was in my garden scarifying the grass when my car was apparently in London breaking the speed limit! I never even saw it move off the driveway......Harry Potter or Dr Who must have done it!!!!!!!!!
joshp

Lol its a joke, not a scam site X)

Though it might of got me pondering if it was any other day but the 29th. I am regularly in Corby, Kettering and other places in Northamptonshire daily. Just I know where I was exactly that day, any other day of the week and I might of been worried and had to get my calender and diary out.

Edited by: "charleaward81" 9th Oct 2015
Banned
Apparently I was speeding the time I took my nap
!
charleaward81

Yes like that's a genuine upto date website lolNot surprised they don't … Yes like that's a genuine upto date website lolNot surprised they don't offer up some service asking you to send money now for huge discount on your speeding ticket.My old car was supposedly doing 43.5mph down Corby High Street on 27/09/15, god knows how seen as I sold it 4 years ago and the lady I sold it to crashed it doing over 80 on a country lane and completely destroyed it. Or my current car was seen doing 37.8mph in Corby again on 29/09 at 9.45am pretty much exact same time I was sat with my Child at school doing show and tell

​Was you showing them your speeding tickets, and telling them not to speed themselves? :-)
I'm not aware of any gatso type cameras that flash on th M65 or the nearby M6 and I drive round that area all the time.
Original Poster
craigstephens

I'm not aware of any gatso type cameras that flash on th M65 or the … I'm not aware of any gatso type cameras that flash on th M65 or the nearby M6 and I drive round that area all the time.

at first i didnt notice any cameras but later on i realised they were located after every other bridge i went past and they blend in so its hard to notice them. also the cameras are not that big as the ones they have on m1 for instance
xPabloz

at first i didnt notice any cameras but later on i realised they were … at first i didnt notice any cameras but later on i realised they were located after every other bridge i went past and they blend in so its hard to notice them. also the cameras are not that big as the ones they have on m1 for instance

​So where abouts are they?
Cameras on motorways are located on the gantries within the zones designated variable speed zones.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants