Groups

Is there website/platform where I can rent out my GoPro?

I'd like to rent out my GoPro, which is currently just sitting in the drawer.

Has anyone rented out their gear/electronics online? If so, what sort of contract did they compose for the renter?

8 Comments

Haven't mentioned what GoPro it is. Could be the first GoPro that was released

Original Poster

jayonline85

Haven't mentioned what GoPro it is. Could be the first GoPro that was … Haven't mentioned what GoPro it is. Could be the first GoPro that was released

GoPro Hero4 Black

Nice idea in theory but unless you get a watertight contract written up by a solicitor you'll probably end up out of pocket.

Hmm, im going on holiday in a few months and wouldn't mind taking a GoPro
    Right now im thinking about buying a LifeProof case for my iPhone to take pics underwater

ipswich78

Nice idea in theory but unless you get a watertight contract written up … Nice idea in theory but unless you get a watertight contract written up by a solicitor you'll probably end up out of pocket.

Don't forget liability insurance, equipment insurance, Annual safety testing and certification, website and advertising costs.... I very much doubt you're going to make a penny profit from one GoPro. You need the economy of scale my friend. If you have 100 GoPro and a tonne of other desirable bits of equipment used by the more professional side of industry, you might have a valid business. One GoPro and not much demand, I wouldn't bother.

Look into the hire of Sat Navs which are available for holiday use, it may give some pointers.

there is a website that does exactly what you want.....fatlama.com

Fat Lama. My GoPros are rented out almost every week!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions