Groups

Is this a decent laptop for basic gaming?

Looking to spend around 3-400 on a laptop for light gaming, was wondering if this would be good?

8 Comments

higgzy24

http://www.tesco.com/direct/acer-es1-522-156-inch-laptop-amd-a8-windows-10-8gb-ram-1tb-red/515-1253.prd?skuId=515-1253#product-details-container

That link takes me to baked beans for soup me reason

No. Not even remotely.

Don't be suckered in by AMD's APUs. In practice they're not much more powerful than Intel integrated graphics.

You have practically no chance of getting reasonable gaming performance from a laptop in this price range unless you go for a used laptop and get a very very good deal on it.

higgzy24

http://www.tesco.com/direct/acer-es1-522-156-inch-laptop-amd-a8-windows-10-8gb-ram-1tb-red/515-1253.prd?skuId=515-1253#product-details-container

It has no dedicated graphics chip and only a low-power processor, so it's not great - but what sort of games would you intend to play on it? Examples of the games would be ideal.

Original Poster

sorry guys I'm clueless when it comes to pc gaming

Original Poster

yeah link messed up

Original Poster

Illusionary

It has no dedicated graphics chip and only a low-power processor, so it's … It has no dedicated graphics chip and only a low-power processor, so it's not great - but what sort of games would you intend to play on it? Examples of the games would be ideal.

​​​basically my son is into roblox, and hello neighbour etc. So was hoping to get a laptop to run those games also be useful for homework.

higgzy24

​​​basically my son is into roblox, and hello neighbour etc. So was hopin … ​​​basically my son is into roblox, and hello neighbour etc. So was hoping to get a laptop to run those games also be useful for homework.

Okay. I don't have expierience with either game, but from a quick check of the system requirements stated on the Steam store page for Hello Neighbor, a dedicated graphics chip is part of the minimum requirements (See where it quotes a "GTX 770") - which this laptop doesn't have. It could probably manage many 2D games reasonably, but anything modern with 3D graphics is likely to be a stretch,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to European satellite tv32
      2. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…11
      3. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland78
      4. Any now tv entertainment offers going on???11

See more discussions