Is this a gherkin or cucumber?

Posted 13th Aug
Hi,

I got a couple of small plants from a local garden centre.

When they started to grown they were covered in spikes.

Does anyone know what they are?

Thank you

3524109.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
The answer to your question is "yes", as a gherkin is a cucumber (although a small variety of cucumber), "gherkin" comes from the Dutch gurken, meaning "small pickled cucumber".

12 Comments
That's a prickly cucumber 🥒, if it was a gherkin I'd burn it to the ground, they are the spawn of the devil,yes I'm looking at you McDonald's, trying to hide them in your burgers!
Edited by: "richp" 13th Aug
Small cucumbers. It's ready to pick, you wouldn't want them any thicker or full of seeds.
Just peel it if prickly
AMaky13/08/2020 13:09

Small cucumbers. It's ready to pick, you wouldn't want them any thicker …Small cucumbers. It's ready to pick, you wouldn't want them any thicker or full of seeds.Just peel it if prickly

Oh good, thank you I’ll go pick it! Now I think of it I’m sure it said gherkin on the shelf
richp13/08/2020 13:09

That's a prickly cucumber 🥒, if it was a gherkin I'd burn it to the …That's a prickly cucumber 🥒, if it was a gherkin I'd burn it to the ground, they are the spawn of the devil,yes I'm looking at you McDonald's, trying to hide them in your burgers!

I love them in mc Donald’s burgers! I think the shelf may have said gherkin now I’m thinking back! Hope they are cucumbers though!
richp13/08/2020 13:09

That's a prickly cucumber 🥒, if it was a gherkin I'd burn it to the …That's a prickly cucumber 🥒, if it was a gherkin I'd burn it to the ground, they are the spawn of the devil,yes I'm looking at you McDonald's, trying to hide them in your burgers!

Are you sure it's not a Pickle Rick
The answer to your question is "yes", as a gherkin is a cucumber (although a small variety of cucumber), "gherkin" comes from the Dutch gurken, meaning "small pickled cucumber".

saw the title thought u are on about software testing
A gherkin is a pickled dill cucumber afaik
At first I was afraid to click the link to this discussion for fear of seeing something I couldn't unseen
It's just a baby cucumber. Just let it grow and the spikes will go. Gherkins are basically baby cucumbers
Just a small variety of cucumber. Don’t let them get too big or they get hollow in the middle
Post a comment
@
    Text