is this a good bed frame?

Found 12th Dec 2012
hi guys, i had a look for a new bed frame in ikea but didnt really like them...

i saw this and it felt sturdy and quite well made... though not sure about the slats...

dreams.co.uk/bed…-1/

is this ok for the price? or am i getting ripped off... and is it worth going for sprung slats with a memory foam mattress?

thanks in advance
Community Updates
MiscBedBed Frame
15 Comments
Original Poster
dreams.co.uk/bed…-1/

or can anyone suggest a similar priced frame from a more reputable company?
Edited by: "jackvdbuk" 12th Dec 2012
That is a really nice frame, saw this one myself and was very tempted.

The matresses from Ikea are the best and you can get this frame with a mattress from Ikea. Dont go for a full memory foam one, get a spring mattress with a thick foam lining, you can then also get a foam mattress topper to go on top of that for the extra comfort..........
Edited by: "MIB15" 12th Dec 2012
Original Poster
eh ikea dont sell this frame lol.
try John Lewis? i was going to buy a leather one from dreams but the prices were so much more than they were on John Lewis. the one i got eventually was allmost £200 cheaper (and a king instead of a double) than the one i saw in dreams and its very comfortable.
Banned
ikea reputable?

lol
Original Poster
john lewis is too expensive... im worried about ordering this frame from dreams as the reviews are horrrendous but i cant find a similar priced ssimilar looking design anywehre else.
Recently got a bed from a local company who make their own beds, like Dreams do to an extent, but their prices were far better, as is the quality.

robinsonsbeds.co.uk/ - based in Glasgow only AFAIK.

Edit, they sell online too.
Edited by: "moob" 12th Dec 2012
Banned
this is similar to mine

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.luxist.com/media/2007/08/bamboo-bed-high-touch.jpg

always worth investing a decent amount into a work bench
Just be warned that Dreams have recently changed the Wentwood and despite being described as solid oak with oak veneers, it is now largely made from MDF, the colour and finish is also different to the previous version which was a far better bed. The showrooms are slowly being updated to have the new inferior version, in fact our local showroom even shows you an example how just how poor this bed now is because they BROKE it when they put it together in store, one of the side rails has had the MDF split!
omg, thankyou robertmorgan,ithought i was going mad lol, i got wentwood bed last year, lovely solid bed,until recently having problems with it, i needed2 side bits and foot bit replaced, and i got delivered ahorrible smaller cheaper looking version, been back on fone and kicked up, anyone i speak too assure me bed not changed, iveto get another delivered,i told them i dont want the same cheap one again, all this time im sleeping on floor, the staff and manager from cstomer services dont even know bed is changed, ive got baby not ideal sleeping on floor, how can they jst change it like this, there is no comparison,its horrible,they are looking into it and phoning me back tommorrow, well supposed to be anyway, they also sent me out wrong fixing kit well probably for newer model.i only got mine last year originally, mine was solid, can any1 tell me are they not meant to keep parts for things for so long even if they change things or discontine,ifeel like im banging my head of brick wall...and howcome i can find out on this that beds changed but dreams cant tellme, does any1 know when it changed, and how can they still show original online, thats false advertising. whos to say that any bed you order is not now cheaper made to what it used to be. i wouldnt have known if i didnt have original good quality one and also fact i seen it in showroom before ordering..
i have wentwood igot last year, crrently have problem, received new one which was different, smaller,cheaper looking, i wouldnt have looked twice at it, to get another, which will probably be newcheaper version, when i ask customerservices they say bed hasnt changed, cant believe its on here but any1 at dreams cannot tell you that its changed. so they wont have original parts to fix my bed then. sppose to be phoning me back tommorrow. had enough, im sleeping on floor with a baby, bloody joke, cold have been fixed by n ow if they sent original wentwood bits, now they may not exist anymore...
robertmorgan

Just be warned that Dreams have recently changed the Wentwood and despite … Just be warned that Dreams have recently changed the Wentwood and despite being described as solid oak with oak veneers, it is now largely made from MDF, the colour and finish is also different to the previous version which was a far better bed. The showrooms are slowly being updated to have the new inferior version, in fact our local showroom even shows you an example how just how poor this bed now is because they BROKE it when they put it together in store, one of the side rails has had the MDF split!

llcs

omg, thankyou robertmorgan,ithought i was going mad lol, i got wentwood … omg, thankyou robertmorgan,ithought i was going mad lol, i got wentwood bed last year, lovely solid bed,until recently having problems with it, i needed2 side bits and foot bit replaced, and i got delivered ahorrible smaller cheaper looking version, been back on fone and kicked up, anyone i speak too assure me bed not changed, iveto get another delivered,i told them i dont want the same cheap one again, all this time im sleeping on floor, the staff and manager from cstomer services dont even know bed is changed, ive got baby not ideal sleeping on floor, how can they jst change it like this, there is no comparison,its horrible,they are looking into it and phoning me back tommorrow, well supposed to be anyway, they also sent me out wrong fixing kit well probably for newer model.i only got mine last year originally, mine was solid, can any1 tell me are they not meant to keep parts for things for so long even if they change things or discontine,ifeel like im banging my head of brick wall...and howcome i can find out on this that beds changed but dreams cant tellme, does any1 know when it changed, and how can they still show original online, thats false advertising. whos to say that any bed you order is not now cheaper made to what it used to be. i wouldnt have known if i didnt have original good quality one and also fact i seen it in showroom before ordering..

llcs

i have wentwood igot last year, crrently have problem, received new one … i have wentwood igot last year, crrently have problem, received new one which was different, smaller,cheaper looking, i wouldnt have looked twice at it, to get another, which will probably be newcheaper version, when i ask customerservices they say bed hasnt changed, cant believe its on here but any1 at dreams cannot tell you that its changed. so they wont have original parts to fix my bed then. sppose to be phoning me back tommorrow. had enough, im sleeping on floor with a baby, bloody joke, cold have been fixed by n ow if they sent original wentwood bits, now they may not exist anymore...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_dsexofRqU8/T-BDQ9vw1YI/AAAAAAAADgU/3k-pbHlBcxo/s1600/bitch-please-meme-generator-too-long-didn-t-read-64bfbe.jpg
robertmorgan

Just be warned that Dreams have recently changed the Wentwood and despite … Just be warned that Dreams have recently changed the Wentwood and despite being described as solid oak with oak veneers, it is now largely made from MDF,

Solid oak with oak veneer? Wft? What's the point of that? If it was solid oak it wouldn't need a veneer.
Why are all these one post wonders, who supposedly stumble across these threads looking on Google, always barely literate? Why do we never get genuine, sensible one post wonders?
Seen plenty of furnitre described as solid oak with oak veneer, very common. And this thread was about wentwood bed which im currently experiencing a problem with, only natural to comment, and as for literate, im not writing a novel thats to be published or a letter, if i want to type quickly i will, if you have no useful information then dont comment. And ive been on this before.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants