Is this a good deal for a desktop?

Evening all,

looking to get a desktop to use it for powerpoint, word, email, music, netflix/prime/iplayer and possibly the odd game of counterstrike.

HP are doing this all in package desktop with a nice looking monitor for £419 and the code 4OFFHP brings it down to £403.

I need to stick a wifi thing in/on it but can anyone think of a better deal (not build it yourself)

store.hp.com/UKS…mp;

Thanks,
Chris

5 Comments

Original Poster

Can't link it but its the HP Pavilion 500-436na Desktop PC with HP Pavilion 23” IPS Monitor £419 from their website

I think It is a decent deal without being a great one.

I bought a Dell desktop just before Xmas (no screen) at £300 that had a similar spec (but slightly better).

The screen, which is an decent IPS, sells for about £140 (though you could probably get it cheaper hunting around, or a similar screen for less).

So for £403 it is a decent deal.

You wont get Word / Powerpoint with it that will cost you extra.

do people still buy these ?

Original Poster

furbars

I'm hoping to as it'll force me not to sit in bed on my laptop!

furbars

whilst the rise in laptop and tablet popularity has taken its toll on the desktop PC, the latter still has a purpose.

if you want a machine for gaming; buy a desktop.

if you want a machine that you can upgrade over time; buy a desktop.

I think you still get more value for money buying a desktop, though admittedly it has been a while since I last bought one (due to being able to continually upgrade it)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33
    2. Where has the Freebies section gone ?23
    3. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?913
    4. Bed pillow recommendations79

See more discussions