Is this a good deal for a used Peugeot 207?

Posted 23rd Feb
Looking at getting a used cheap runaround for around £2k. Thoughts on this one would be much appreciated? wilsons.co.uk/use…dr/
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Im fairly sure that isnt the “s” model as they have wheel trims and no AC generally and different seat fabric. The badge down the side suggests its a special edition which from what i can see and memory of what it appears to have ontop. Much nicer fabric on seats, air con, alloys and fog lights. Peugeot special editions are usually base models with extras so still have some of the base model features like the non leather crappy steering wheel. Nice car from the look of it we have had several similar. The 1.4 petrol isn’t amazing in any way either fuel economy, tax or performance but they do the job; Peugeots of that age are fairly loose in terms of a drive but this makes them relaxing and soft. I haven’t the time to research is its good value but that does look a nice car for the money.
Edited by: "JamieBeveridge" 23rd Feb
Seems the MOT is about to expire so don't buy it unless it has one. Run the number plate through RAC Value My Car or Honest John's valuation site to get an idea of what it is worth.

Check the service history and if the timing belt and water pump have been changed.
Had a 1.4 petrol 207 once. Used as much oil as it did petrol. Fuel economy shocking 25mpg if I was lucky.
MadSkilzYo23/02/2020 13:43

Had a 1.4 petrol 207 once. Used as much oil as it did petrol. Fuel economy …Had a 1.4 petrol 207 once. Used as much oil as it did petrol. Fuel economy shocking 25mpg if I was lucky.

25mpg? Luxury. I once had an MG ZT260. Did 16mpg - if we were lucky
I have the petrol 1.4 207 and a slightly newer model by a couple of years and love it and not had any serious issue’s with it so far.
I think the price is ridiculous though as I didn’t even pay near that when I bought mine a couple year back and the value of my car to sell on now would only be around 1500 as I have been looking into this and this one is an older model again and mine is 5 doors...I would shop around if it’s a Peugeot you want as price is a bit steep in my personal opinion
deleted8085823/02/2020 14:08

25mpg? Luxury. I once had an MG ZT260. Did 16mpg - if we were lucky

Welcome back
Buy the diesel model. Peugeot diesel engines are excellent, petrol engines are rubbish
Let them MOT it first, then look at the advisories. If it has air con, make sure it's working
Also register here and you can look up MOT history compleatly free totalcarcheck.co.uk/
adamderak23/02/2020 14:44

Buy the diesel model. Peugeot diesel engines are excellent, petrol engines …Buy the diesel model. Peugeot diesel engines are excellent, petrol engines are rubbish

Agree I’ve had 2 diesel 308s great cars that go for 150 miles on £20
kirstie280623/02/2020 21:19

Agree I’ve had 2 diesel 308s great cars that go for 150 miles on £20

Diesel was much cheaper in France which is why they have been making diesel cars since 1960s.
Hence over the time they have good experience in diesel engines.
The rest began making diesel engines relatively lately.
esar23/02/2020 15:16

Let them MOT it first, then look at the advisories. If it has air con, …Let them MOT it first, then look at the advisories. If it has air con, make sure it's workingAlso register here and you can look up MOT history compleatly free https://totalcarcheck.co.uk/

You can just look at the Governments website without registering or giving your browsing history to commercial companies.

check-mot.service.gov.uk/
How about a 2009 207cc MOT until Oct 2020 no adviseries. 54mpg 1.6 diesel £125 car tax. FSH (check if cam belt done). 66000 miles.

And you can look cool in the summer with the hood down £1665 £125 car tax. Don't forget to HPI.

ebay.co.uk/itm…0~-

No I do not know who they are.
Willy_Wonka23/02/2020 21:48

You can just look at the Governments website without registering or giving …You can just look at the Governments website without registering or giving your browsing history to commercial companies. https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

I'm flattered my internet history would be so interesting, but the site offers extra checks for a fee as well
esar23/02/2020 22:46

I'm flattered my internet history would be so interesting, but the site …I'm flattered my internet history would be so interesting, but the site offers extra checks for a fee as well

Your comment was interesting. I have no interest in your internet history & neither have I looked at it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants