Is this a good deal for the Samsung s8

Found 17th MarEdited by:"xbaassassin"
Hi all I have just excepted an upgrade offer from Vodafone for the s8, as I can’t afford the s9, the deal consists of

unlimited texts/minutes
13gb data
0 upfront costs
24months of sky sports/Spotify/now tv
£39.85 permonth for 24 months
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
It could be £3.99 and it wouldnt be a good deal with Vodaphone
Original Poster
Thanks for the input not what I asked though
Id say No, I got the S8 from Vodafone in May last year when it was still the Samsung flagship with unlimited calls and text, 8gb data and 24months of Spotify for £36.
Now the S9 is out the price of the handset has dropped so you should be able to get a much better deal.
You could get that deal for the £30 mark in places ,so your paying £9 a month for sky sports and Spotify which is good ,for me wouldn’t touch Vodafone ,rates worse mobile company for coverage and service .i was with them for 2 painful years !i live near Manchester airport and could never get 4g
I'm sure £39.85pm can afford you an S9 just shop elsewhere. I just searched on here and a mobiles.co.uk deal on o2 with 12gb at £32pm came up. Just because 1 network tells you you can't afford it don't accept their sayso shop around compare prices
I am not sure best deal now S8 vodaphobe but Black Friday was £28pm abd £20 uodront over 2 years. only 6Gb data though and no spotify I would imagine
* meant to add may be better deal than you have been offered especially with s9 just out. Seems high to me.
Not a good deal. I’m paying less than that for my 7, not on an upgrade and it was only 6 months since release then! Normally Samsung costs go down quicker than iPhone.
Original Poster
I can’t find a deal close to this one though, with no upfront costs and Spotify included.
xbaassassin38 m ago

I can’t find a deal close to this one though, with no upfront costs and S …I can’t find a deal close to this one though, with no upfront costs and Spotify included.

Fair enough
barriey19 h, 33 m ago

Id say No, I got the S8 from Vodafone in May last year when it was still …Id say No, I got the S8 from Vodafone in May last year when it was still the Samsung flagship with unlimited calls and text, 8gb data and 24months of Spotify for £36.Now the S9 is out the price of the handset has dropped so you should be able to get a much better deal.

For £36? That's crazy good with Spotify.

I got my s8 in August was 4gb of data, unlimited mins, text, first month free, free accessory kit for £35/M. (Down from around £50/M).

They messed up, so I complained and got given 8gb instead. Couldn't get them to push for Spotify or it would've been around £40+ a month for me.

@op, the offer they've given you is ok. For a handset you should be able to get up to 30% off a current contract from their site (which isn't on a sale/deal).

Edit:
Didn't see you had 24month entertainer choice.

33462288-Er3p8.jpgWith a discount it'll be around £36/7. So the deal you've been given isn't as bad as it seems.
Edited by: "kos1c" 18th Mar
kingtreelo19 h, 49 m ago

It could be £3.99 and it wouldnt be a good deal with Vodaphone

I agree and don't agree.
Vodafone are pretty bad, but they are easy to push over as well.

In my last 3 years of contracts (2 years at edge and now year 1 on s8). I think I've managed to get around £280 off my contracts by complaining over minor things and one major case.

They done work in my area and my signal was bad. Asked online got told come back in a few days to be compensated. Came back the work was delayed and was given £20 as goodwill. Then compensated 2 days later for the week of £8.

What took me about 15 minutes in all has nearly saved me a months cost.

In the past I've been given £110 credit in one phone call.
One agent offered me £70 and then I asked to moved to another agent to complain about my experience with them and was offered £40 with the new go.

My s6 charger lead had given up. I asked Samsung where I could buy an official one. They asked me for proof of purchase so enquired with Vodafone and explained the situation. Vodafone told me go buy a new plug and we'll pay you back up to £25.

There's many more experiences like this I've had with them over the 7 years I've been with them.

When things are good, their alright. But when the sh*t hits the fan, it really does get messy.
Edited by: "kos1c" 18th Mar
I got the S8 on Vodafone when it was released. 24GB data for 32 quid a month and got the gear vr with that as well. So I'd say its on the pricey side.

Oh and I've had zero issues with Vodafone. First time with them in many years. Can't fault them. Best phone reception I've had out of all carriers as well.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions