Is this a good deal from Virgin Media?

Hi all,

Due to the recent price increase by Virgin Media I phoned them to see if they can offer me a better deal, threatening to leave them to go with Sky.

At present I have the following

TV XL with V + HD Box
10MB Boradband
Free weekend calls

At the moment I pay £43.74 which is due to go up to £44.64

They have offered me

500 MB Tivo box on TV XL
V+ HD Box in another room (XL Package)
10MB Broadband
Free weekend calls

For £45.99 a month with a on-off £49.95 activation fee for the Tivo box on a 12 month contract.

Is this a good deal or not?

5 Comments

Depends how much you value having a box in another room?

Original Poster

At the moment I have a TV in the conservatory which is analogue (and the signal is poor), so putting the second box in there would mean that I wouldn't have to upgrade the tv aerial or buy a freeview box, plus I would get all of the channels in there

the tivo box is amazing, the HDD is so much bigger than the last one.

Edited by: "garbage456" 22nd Jun 2011

cosmicdav3

At the moment I have a TV in the conservatory which is analogue (and the … At the moment I have a TV in the conservatory which is analogue (and the signal is poor), so putting the second box in there would mean that I wouldn't have to upgrade the tv aerial or buy a freeview box, plus I would get all of the channels in there

i wanted a pvr freeview for the other room, just paid virgin £49.95 and got a tivo box, superb

Original Poster

Thanks all, think I will go for it, just wanted to check that it was a reasonable price
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846220
    2. RIP DOCTOR WHO34
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764317
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?32159

See more discussions