Is this a good deal on a laptop?

Posted 23rd May
Could anyone tell me if this is a good deal just to play league of legends on

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml?intcmpid=display~HL&cmpid=Display~RTG~Multi~Multi~Criteo~Retargeting&pl=272745040&dclid=CjgKEAjwk6P2BRDX-JXL3rL50jkSJAB0Kc4-m8jH_QWWyRe0QCw1ZTUvQkVpV-33_IlnySNLrGMtqvD_BwE
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Hi Weildon34,

These are the League of Legends system requirements

(minimum)
  • Memory: 2 GB
  • Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5670
  • CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.00GHz
  • File Size: 8 GB
  • OS: Windows XP (Service Pack 3 ONLY), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10

(recommended)
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5670
  • CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz
  • File Size: 12 GB
  • OS: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10

The laptop you've linked to will handle this with no problems at all, spec-wise. For a gaming machine though, it's quite a small SSD so you may wish to explore adding another (or HDD) if possible / or another external drive.

As to value, it seems around the sort of price you would expect to pay for a machine of this nature. Oddly though, looking on the Acer site, this model comes with a 1660Ti and a 128Gb SSD & 1Tb HDD - so perhaps this specific "spec" is exclusive to curry's and hence cheaper than similar machines on Amazon?

A quick glance on Google suggests this comes with one stick of Ram (8Gb) so it can easily be upgraded for future-proofing - up to 32Gb I think. Another 8 would be good though.

All the best, Phsy.
Phsycronix23/05/2020 12:41

Hi Weildon34,These are the League of Legends system requirements …Hi Weildon34,These are the League of Legends system requirements (minimum) Memory: 2 GBGraphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5670CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.00GHzFile Size: 8 GBOS: Windows XP (Service Pack 3 ONLY), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10(recommended) Memory: 4 GBGraphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5670CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHzFile Size: 12 GBOS: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10The laptop you've linked to will handle this with no problems at all, spec-wise. For a gaming machine though, it's quite a small SSD so you may wish to explore adding another (or HDD) if possible / or another external drive.As to value, it seems around the sort of price you would expect to pay for a machine of this nature. Oddly though, looking on the Acer site, this model comes with a 1660Ti and a 128Gb SSD & 1Tb HDD - so perhaps this specific "spec" is exclusive to curry's and hence cheaper than similar machines on Amazon?A quick glance on Google suggests this comes with one stick of Ram (8Gb) so it can easily be upgraded for future-proofing - up to 32Gb I think. Another 8 would be good though.All the best, Phsy.

Thank you so much before I buy this is there another laptop u would reccomend upto about £800
I can see on the Curry's site it's the more expensive models that have the dual-drives and 1660 card. It's a shame they haven't still got the cheaper Nitro they did with the dual drive and RX560X. That was a good price/spec.

hotukdeals.com/dea…762

I would say however, I'm not a fan of Lenovo...
Phsycronix23/05/2020 13:01

I can see on the Curry's site it's the more expensive models that have the …I can see on the Curry's site it's the more expensive models that have the dual-drives and 1660 card. It's a shame they haven't still got the cheaper Nitro they did with the dual drive and RX560X. That was a good price/spec.https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ideapad-l340-15irh-156-fhd-ips-i5-9300h-16gb-256gb-ssd-gtx1650-4gb-backlit-keyboard-gaming-laptop-610-at-lenovo-reward-store-3445762I would say however, I'm not a fan of Lenovo...

I've gone for the one from curry's thanks so much for your help appreciate it
whieldon3423/05/2020 12:57

Thank you so much before I buy this is there another laptop u would …Thank you so much before I buy this is there another laptop u would reccomend upto about £800

There's been some good deals recently. I hate spending other people's money for them but with laptops, there's ALWAYS something better - for more money, of course.

@Tacavas seems to know his way around great deals on lappy's. Perhaps they'll give you a pointer. This current deal seems a great machine for the money but it's a tad more than your budget. Worth a look though?

hotukdeals.com/dea…522

Unlike Lenovo, I really do like Dell and have had several. All good machines with little to no trouble.
whieldon3423/05/2020 13:05

I've gone for the one from curry's thanks so much for your help appreciate …I've gone for the one from curry's thanks so much for your help appreciate it

Blimey! There's "hasty" and then there's desperate! Hehe. Ask for a recommendation - then immediately purchase BEFORE a response...

I don't think you'll be disappointed though. Those Nitro's DO look very nice!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions