Found 28th Nov 2016
Please could I have some advice on whether the following is a good gaming pc. very.co.uk/hp-…prd

7 Comments

Not really. The graphics card is not great and ideally you would want an SSD.

Something like this : https://www.overclockers.co.uk/titan-tanto-intel-core-i5-4690-3.9ghz-turbo-quad-core-gaming-pc-fs-095-og.html#t=d~

Comes to £859 with SSD, Hard drive and GTX 1060 graphics. The GTX 1060 is around half as fast again as a R9 380.

Unless I'm just being blind, it's very vague about the specs. Simply says "Processor: Intel® Core™ i7" doesn't list which i7 it is or the GHz. For the HDD, simply says "1TB" and doesn't list brand or RPM of the drive. Doesn't list the motherboard. R9 380 graphics cards go for about £150 isn't great if you're buying a brand new computer. Just overall a lack of information.

Google the name of it and ask for reviews?

The R9 380 is a good solid card somewhere between entry level and mid-range and you'd certainly enjoy games on that PC.

It does suffer from the usual fault of pre-built machines of having spent excessive money on the CPU and not enough on the graphics card for optimal gaming performance though. A £300 card and £150 CPU would produce much better results than vice versa.

SeraphXii

Unless I'm just being blind, it's very vague about the specs. Simply says … Unless I'm just being blind, it's very vague about the specs. Simply says "Processor: Intel® Core™ i7" doesn't list which i7 it is or the GHz. For the HDD, simply says "1TB" and doesn't list brand or RPM of the drive. Doesn't list the motherboard.

It wouldn't make much difference to it's gaming performance whatever they were.

Original Poster

Thankyou for all your advice.
Was really tempted due to the buy now pay next year on it. But will definitely wait and invest in a better pc.

Daddio

Thankyou for all your advice.Was really tempted due to the buy now pay … Thankyou for all your advice.Was really tempted due to the buy now pay next year on it. But will definitely wait and invest in a better pc.

Have a look on Overclockers they also do Buy now pay later. They have pre built systems which you can customize or you can choose you own components.

Original Poster

666FU

Have a look on Overclockers they also do Buy now pay later. They have pre … Have a look on Overclockers they also do Buy now pay later. They have pre built systems which you can customize or you can choose you own components.

Thankyou for that recommendation. That is a good site.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. CEX grading68
    2. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge610
    3. Advice on selling an iPhone?67
    4. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc11

See more discussions