Groups

is this a good gigabit switch?

13 Comments

Original Poster

Any recommendations is greatly welcomed??

Thanks in advance

Original Poster

resende

Check this … Check this onehttps://www.amazon.co.uk/d/lve/ZyXEL-GS-105SV2-Desktop-Gigabit-Ethernet-Media-Switch/B00JCGPERC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484275338&sr=8-1&keywords=ZyXEL+5-Port+Gigabit+Ethernet+Switch+For+Gaming+And+Media

Why is the spec of this one better?? Thanks

amazon.co.uk/GS1…tch

I've this one which is a good price but it depends on what you need it for.

I've got the 8 port version and had no problem, used for connecting smart tv, ps3, apple tv and access point for my wireless network.

Kevlar Engineer

Any recommendations is greatly welcomed??Thanks in advance

Netgear provide good networking equipment, make sure you plan for expansion as when i went for a 5 port.. i had to buy an 8 few months down the line!

i would recommend the one you have linked.
    Edited by: "jackvdbuk" 13th Jan

Netgear Zyxel/TP-Link/Belkin/Tenda....it's a cheapo unmanaged network switch...Just buy the one that is cheapest.as at this level of networking equipment there is no difference

Uridium

Netgear Zyxel/TP-Link/Belkin/Tenda....it's a cheapo unmanaged network … Netgear Zyxel/TP-Link/Belkin/Tenda....it's a cheapo unmanaged network switch...Just buy the one that is cheapest.as at this level of networking equipment there is no difference

​i would say buy whatever your router supports. if your router supports gigabit Ethernet connection then buy a gigabit switch . if it doesn't kind of a waste but you can plan to future proof . also if you can find out if your devices support gigabit Ethernet . most new devices should do . I don't think the ps4 (original) does due to the lack of download/upload speed compared to other devices I have in my house .

Original Poster

HammadKhalil

​i would say buy whatever your router supports. if your router supports g … ​i would say buy whatever your router supports. if your router supports gigabit Ethernet connection then buy a gigabit switch . if it doesn't kind of a waste but you can plan to future proof . also if you can find out if your devices support gigabit Ethernet . most new devices should do . I don't think the ps4 (original) does due to the lack of download/upload speed compared to other devices I have in my house .

Thanks my router does support Gigabit Ethernet, just rewiring my house upgrading all cables to cat. 7

Kevlar Engineer

Thanks my router does support Gigabit Ethernet, just rewiring my house … Thanks my router does support Gigabit Ethernet, just rewiring my house upgrading all cables to cat. 7

Why did you go for CAT 7 over CAT 5E/6A or are you running patch leads instead of solid cable runs ?

Original Poster

kester76

Why did you go for CAT 7 over CAT 5E/6A or are you running patch leads … Why did you go for CAT 7 over CAT 5E/6A or are you running patch leads instead of solid cable runs ?

Cat7A Shielded Solid LSZH for long runs, and cat7 patch cables from wall plates to devices. Thanks

Kevlar Engineer

Cat7A Shielded Solid LSZH for long runs, and cat7 patch cables from wall … Cat7A Shielded Solid LSZH for long runs, and cat7 patch cables from wall plates to devices. Thanks

It's a real big bend radius on solid cat 7 like 35mm.
    Edited by: "kester76" 14th Jan
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hifi Speaker cable choice?33
      2. flamedeer66
      3. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz929
      4. Recommend a free reminder app1416

See more discussions