Is this a good graphics card?

6 replies
Found 9th Jul 2008
pixmania.co.uk/uk/…tml

Is this the card of choice for someone with a 250W PSU?

Is there anything cheaper with a dvi port that will run games nicely? Not after anything amazing, just some good graphics for a 32" screen. Nothing too high res.

Also where's cheapest to get a dvi cable? ebay?

Thanks.

6 Comments

It's a good card, and it'll run nicely, but probably not with a 250w PSU, and only if it ever arrives, which is why you'd be better buying from a UK-based company. Pixmania are like the DSG you can't get trading standards to help you with. But Frencher.

Original Poster

amazon.co.uk/SAP…8-2

Good advice there dxx, how about this? I have Amazon vouchers to use up so it would save hassle of finding something else to spend the vouchers on.

Is it a good clock speed etc? If the psu doesn't work with it I'll just get another. Unless there's a really good cheap card that'll definately work on 250w.

Original Poster

I think the pixmania one is very slightly faster, but I'll probably never notice?

Banned

250w is awful low. try this psu comsumption calculator. The HD3850 uses 90w at full load.

thermaltake.outervision.com/

dxx;2489941

It's a good card, and it'll run nicely, but probably not with a 250w PSU, … It's a good card, and it'll run nicely, but probably not with a 250w PSU, and only if it ever arrives, which is why you'd be better buying from a UK-based company. Pixmania are like the DSG you can't get trading standards to help you with. But Frencher.

Why do people say this sort of stuff about Pixmania? Used them a number of times and never had a problem with them.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54315414
    2. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    3. word association Game74244894
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128

See more discussions