Expired

Is this a good insurance quote

21 replies
Found 8th Dec 2014
£1329 on a 1.4 MG ZR, 19 years old, held a license for 2 months now, mum as a named driver (60 y.o, no claims). Only downside is a black box.

Anyone any prior experience insuring under similar circumstances?

1. Ask
  2. Insurance
21 Comments

As it's first year and classed as a sports car. Tbh it's not bad considering I paid 2500 on a 1.6 astra

That's not to bad really we paid £1700 for sons 1.8 golf gti this year he's 19 to, no box though fingers crossed it will half next year

Original Poster

critster

That's not to bad really we paid £1700 for sons 1.8 golf gti this year … That's not to bad really we paid £1700 for sons 1.8 golf gti this year he's 19 to, no box though fingers crossed it will half next year

Who with? And 2 parents on the policy? I have maybe 2 weeks to find a new quote. Currently got box insurance but no box fitted yet

Original Poster

barrel24

As it's first year and classed as a sports car. Tbh it's not bad … As it's first year and classed as a sports car. Tbh it's not bad considering I paid 2500 on a 1.6 astra

Yeah. I think it could be lower tho

It is cheap. Only issue is that you wont be gaining no claims since youre not the named driver.

Yes it is a decent quote. Mine was £1000 for a 1.2 Punto with no box, a year after I passed my test.

Is that with woop cover?

His mum can sign the no claims over to his name later on, so still counts. my friends son has a box fitted, they track every journey and he's been emailed twice to say what he's done wrong but on the whole it's a great idea.

Taz1529

Who with? And 2 parents on the policy? I have maybe 2 weeks to find a new … Who with? And 2 parents on the policy? I have maybe 2 weeks to find a new quote. Currently got box insurance but no box fitted yet

Sorry should have said its on a multi car policy with admiral with me and his mum on his side of the policy.

Original Poster

Jellybellies

His mum can sign the no claims over to his name later on, so still … His mum can sign the no claims over to his name later on, so still counts. my friends son has a box fitted, they track every journey and he's been emailed twice to say what he's done wrong but on the whole it's a great idea.

No i'm the policy holder, mum is a named driver

Original Poster

critster

Sorry should have said its on a multi car policy with admiral with me and … Sorry should have said its on a multi car policy with admiral with me and his mum on his side of the policy.

Asked my mum about doing multicar but seemed easier doing it myself really. I'll give them a ring

That seems a normal price for a first year insurance.

Personally I wouldn't go for black box insurance as it allows them to fully monitor your driving habits. How much you accelerate, the way you brake, at what times in the day you drive the car etc

Edited by: "speedy2014" 9th Dec 2014

speedy2014

That seems a normal price for a first year insurance. Personally I … That seems a normal price for a first year insurance. Personally I wouldn't go for black box insurance as it allows them to fully monitor your driving habits. How much you accelerate, the way you brake, at what times in the day you drive the car etc

Unless you're driving like a dick I don't see the problem with that.

sancho1983

I take great pride in my driving but Its my OH who drives like a dick oO
Edited by: "speedy2014" 9th Dec 2014

Has the head gasket gone yet

Original Poster

mintcondition

No, because it gets looked after!

Original Poster

sancho1983

102bhp in a 1500kg car isn't amazing, although the k is a good sounding engine above 4k

Original Poster

mintcondition

Funny too that you'll own your brill BMW for 3 years then get rid. Probably charged through the roof for servicing, too

smellyonion

It is cheap. Only issue is that you wont be gaining no claims since youre … It is cheap. Only issue is that you wont be gaining no claims since youre not the named driver.

You dont know how insurance works do you?

A names driver is a specific person that has been added to a policy. It is NOT the policy holder/main driver.

adam_holcombe

You dont know how insurance works do you?A names driver is a specific … You dont know how insurance works do you?A names driver is a specific person that has been added to a policy. It is NOT the policy holder/main driver.

Yes youre right. Mistake.

It's not about not knowing how insurance works but mixing up the terminology.
Edited by: "smellyonion" 9th Dec 2014

Original Poster

Still brings up a valid point. It shouldn't even be an easy option for teens to do that.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51449
    2. Win a gorgeous bundle of fair trade toys from Best Years, worth £100 @ Netm…10
    3. hello fashion mag/jigsaw comp - win £1,000 to spend INSTORE at jigsaw88
    4. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…55

See more discussions