Groups

Is this a good price for a car plz??

Looking to buy a new car and seen this

Citroen C4 - 1.6 Cool edition
    20,000 miles on the clock
    57 REG

£4999 ???

I have no clue if this is good?

Has anyone got a C4 - Are they any good?

35 Comments

You havent even said what year?

Original Poster

doritos

doritos

Does the 57 reg bit not give you a clue on that one?

dh058977

Does the 57 reg bit not give you a clue on that one?

No - it could be 2007 or 2008.

Private or dealer?

Original Poster

Thanks

doritos

And look … And look here:http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=citroen+c4+1.6+cool&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Original Poster

Dealer

mfc1986

Private or dealer?

The registration wasn't even included in the thread OP when i replied..

Original Poster

September 2007

mfc1986

That's about the going rate for a dealer - maybe a bit more for a franchised dealer.

mfc1986

isnt 2008's reg number 08/58

Original Poster

beginning 2008 could still be a 57 reg x

bossyboots

bossyboots

57 was from 09/07 till 02/08

bossyboots

Yes but it doesn't go from January to January so a 57 could still be 2008.

Original Poster

mfc1986

That's about the going rate for a dealer - maybe a bit more for a … That's about the going rate for a dealer - maybe a bit more for a franchised dealer.

Thanks, this is Marshalls, quite a big one where we are in Cambs

Why do they make it so confusing!!

bossyboots

Why do they make it so confusing!!

It was so much simpler when it was just one new reg each year and went - a,b,c,d,e,f etc.

mfc1986

It was so much simpler when it was just one new reg each year and went - … It was so much simpler when it was just one new reg each year and went - a,b,c,d,e,f etc.

lol u must be as old as me then!! My first car was a Y reg Ford Fiesta and I thought I was the bees knees driving about in that X)

bossyboots

lol u must be as old as me then!! My first car was a Y reg Ford Fiesta … lol u must be as old as me then!! My first car was a Y reg Ford Fiesta and I thought I was the bees knees driving about in that X)

Mine was an F reg Ford Fiesta 1.1 Popular Plus - in red

seems about the high price for that mileage from a dealer. the diesels fetch the bigger money so haggle it down a bit

my dad had a c4 and proved to be very reliable though he didn't do big mileage.

very comfortable and lots of equipment for the money.

the c4 is a great looking car especially the coupe version. i am in the process of selling mine as we want to move from a 2 car household to a single car household. to the op, i have sent you a pm .http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k459/meerar/citroen.jpg

Part-exchange Price:
    Excellent condition:
    £3540

Average condition:
    £3280

Below average condition:
    £2910

£1450.00 to bargin with ???

Original Poster

bigwheels

Part-exchange Price:Excellent condition:£3540Average condition:£3280Below … Part-exchange Price:Excellent condition:£3540Average condition:£3280Below average condition: £2910£1450.00 to bargin with ???

Fab thanks this helps a lot :-)

bigwheels

Part-exchange Price:Excellent condition: £3540Average condition: … Part-exchange Price:Excellent condition: £3540Average condition: £3280Below average condition: £2910£1450.00 to bargin with ???

Are they not trade-in prices? Totally different if they are.

mfc1986

Are they not trade-in prices? Totally different if they are.

they are indeed.....

Banned

mfc1986

It was so much simpler when it was just one new reg each year and went - … It was so much simpler when it was just one new reg each year and went - a,b,c,d,e,f etc.

no it wasnt simpler. B reg could be 1984 or 1985. What year was a Y reg?

pretty obvious what 6 month period a 57 reg is without having to think about it really.

Dont buy it !
    Its french and bits will fall off it daily !
    Buy Japanese or german its the only way to go

csiman

no it wasnt simpler. B reg could be 1984 or 1985. What year was a Y … no it wasnt simpler. B reg could be 1984 or 1985. What year was a Y reg?pretty obvious what 6 month period a 57 reg is without having to think about it really.

The old Y? 1981 ish? lol

Banned

DAMNOME

The old Y? 1981 ish? lol

point proven oO Just bizarre that someone thinks the older number systems were simpler lol

junkenstein73

Dont buy it !Its french and bits will fall off it daily !Buy Japanese or … Dont buy it !Its french and bits will fall off it daily !Buy Japanese or german its the only way to go

tell that to James May on the Bethlehem trip, He paid 4k for his bmw, and broke badly within a day.

I know but people like to have car based stereotypes. It will never change that if you buy french or italian people will think you are buying a rust bucket. I know plenty of people who still turn their nose up at skoda somewhat hilariously!!

skoda is german (vw) and very reliable
    Got a honda myself and never had a thing go wrong in 10 years of ownership

splatsplatsplat

tell that to James May on the Bethlehem trip, He paid 4k for his bmw, and … tell that to James May on the Bethlehem trip, He paid 4k for his bmw, and broke badly within a day.

And more surprisingly, the Barchetta was almost trouble-free.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1519
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…1011
      3. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good77
      4. Your dream gaming set up?2760

See more discussions