Groups

is this a good price for a wii u console?

Son wants a wii u for Christmas and unsure whether to hang on til Black Friday as I know the wii is being discontinued or get this package from Tesco
    For £249 I can get Mario kart 8 and splatoon or for £279 all the above plus a pro controller? Thanks

12 Comments

Buy it and if you find it cheaper on Black Friday, return it? You have 28 days I think, but don't quote me on that

It'll likely be highly reduced when the new console comes out, as the Wii U will get very little support

Original Poster

caironjake

Buy it and if you find it cheaper on Black Friday, return it? You have 28 … Buy it and if you find it cheaper on Black Friday, return it? You have 28 days I think, but don't quote me on that

Ah thanks for that, hadn't thought of that. I'll check the return policy at Tesco.

taitb

Ah thanks for that, hadn't thought of that. I'll check the return policy … Ah thanks for that, hadn't thought of that. I'll check the return policy at Tesco.

I can't imagine the price going up so I'd hang off and wait for black friday. Worst case pick one up near Christmas, they aren't exactly selling out

Original Poster

MarkToTheMax

It'll likely be highly reduced when the new console comes out, as the Wii … It'll likely be highly reduced when the new console comes out, as the Wii U will get very little support

That's what I'm hoping for. Really don't want to pay out a lot of cash for something that's not even being produced for much longer. Thanks for replying.

MarkToTheMax

It'll likely be highly reduced when the new console comes out, as the Wii … It'll likely be highly reduced when the new console comes out, as the Wii U gets very little support

True dat.
    Edited by: "LoRdPlOps111" 8th Nov 2016

Gumtree will be littered with used consoles. The wii u is amazing but it's now essentially a dead console for new material.

I think you can pick up a used one on ebay for around £100-130. They are in great nick. Not the premium version though.

I don't believe for a second people are going to sell them due to no more games. If anything it's failure and stopping production early makes them more rare. I have a wii u with 40+ games and that is enough for anyone as nintendo has replay value. Also it's a family console so it's fun to put on anytime. They may have another sub £200 Mario Kart pack but I can't see them much lower imo.

defo wait as price isn't going to go up.

smart choice your son has made, the variety of quality games are just not found on the other consoles.

My son also is hoping to get one for Xmas and I asked in this thread,
    hotukdeals.com/tag/ask…185
    definitely think Black Friday will have a few good deals.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions