Is this a good sky retention offer?

Found 4th Oct 2017
I currently pay £62 for sky: Variety Bundle Sky Cinema Sky+HD

Sky offered me retention deal:
£41 (for same bundle above) for 18 month contract plus one off £20 for Sky Q 1TB box

Is this any good?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
I have the lot plus multi room which includes uhd. 2tb box £55. For your comparison.
Edited by: "fiestasteve44" 4th Oct 2017
A think that's a good deal wish they would offer me it lol ! A call often to ask lol
Remember you wont own the Sky Q box so you will need to return it at the end of the contract.

Look up if Sky Q will be a benefit to you as that will play a big part and there is a difference between the 1TB and 2TB boxes besides size IIRC such as extra tuners and UHD.

For reference, my parents are currently on 12 months 50% off with Sky+ HD (no contract) but we had to cancel and wait two weeks before they offered this.
I got verity pack for half price last month
Thanks all for getting back. Some useful info.

fiestasteve44: how long have you had that deal? was a new or retention?

tech3475: skyQ would certainly be better than our old 500GB sky+ box, especially with the HD recordings taking up so much space. I think family will get away with 1TB which is also useful for recording more than two channels while watching another, but 2TB would be better in long run.

I would have preferred 12 month max contract, but told they only do 18 months, so your folks are lucky they're not on contract and 50% off. Are they on same package? I can't get my head round all the packages which are grouped different to when I took out my original contract a few years ago!

Sky said they hadn't started the cancellation process and waiting to hear from me. Still not sure if I should take their offer or cancel and wait.
Edited by: "charlie.brown" 4th Oct 2017
I got us 50% off so £39 for box sets, sports, cinema, hd, rolling month by month contract
sky plus, not sky q
Thanks Suzannzan.
Yours is v good deal, especially the rolling contract month to month. I wonder if I should suggest similar deal as yours,but with skyQ 1Tb and no sky sport or hope they'll suggest it to me?
I have Sky HD variety multiroom plus box sets.Just Upgraded for free to SkyQ multiroom with 2Tb box and multiroom box.18 months contract £34/month.
Billingtonrover: if sky offered me your deal I'd be foolish to refuse it up, especially with the 2TB box and multi room for £34.even if it is for 18 months!

So did sky offer it to you or how did you manage to upgrade to it? Thanks.
charlie.brown4th Oct

Thanks all for getting back. Some useful info. fiestasteve44: how long …Thanks all for getting back. Some useful info. fiestasteve44: how long have you had that deal? was a new or retention? tech3475: skyQ would certainly be better than our old 500GB sky+ box, especially with the HD recordings taking up so much space. I think family will get away with 1TB which is also useful for recording more than two channels while watching another, but 2TB would be better in long run. I would have preferred 12 month max contract, but told they only do 18 months, so your folks are lucky they're not on contract and 50% off. Are they on same package? I can't get my head round all the packages which are grouped different to when I took out my original contract a few years ago!Sky said they hadn't started the cancellation process and waiting to hear from me. Still not sure if I should take their offer or cancel and wait.

They just have the variety pack with box sets, but the offer would have applied for movies and sports.

The 18 months is only for Sky Q, Sky+/HD were usually 12 months.
Update:
Thanks for your help everyone.

I finally went for £47 pm x 18months:
Sky Q 2TB
Sky Q multi screen pack/mini box
Box set
Sky Cinema (including F1 sport)

No Sky Sport

Getting used to the new Sky Q menu, not sure if I like it as much as the old menu interface, (yet!).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants