Is this a 'hot' deal? What would you suggest?

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to get some advice on creating a 'hot' deal...

Let's say hypothetically I have a travel blog website. It's a new site so there are only a handful of blogs, and unfortunately an almost empty site is a big turn off for potential users.

Lets also assume that the site is good, and at least as good as its rivals.

What would you want in return for writing a travel blog article about a recent holiday?

My idea for this hypothetical site is to give people a £5 Amazon voucher for their first article.

What I'd like your opinions on is:

- Is this a good enough deal for you?
- If not, what would you want to make it worth your while?

For example, I could expand it to a £5 Amazon voucher for each of your first 3 articles (so up to £15 total)... or maybe a £10 Amazon voucher for each article.

An article would be at least 200 words (slightly shorter than post), and at least 4 photos.

Any advice at all would be appreciated!

Thanks,
James.

P.S. If I end up creating the deal on the hypothetical site, can I post it on the forum or is it against forum policy?

12 Comments

It sounds a good enough idea but you wouldn't be allowed to post it here as it would be self promotion and that's against the rules.

Original Poster

Thanks Syzable, I won't post it then!

Has any one else got any feedback? Would maybe a competition to get an iPod be a better incentive? Is a guaranteed small payment better or worse than the chance of a large payment?

I would say a guaranteed payout would be a bigger attraction. Oh and advertise it on MSE as they'll let you post any old **** over there:lol:

Shengis

I would say a guaranteed payout would be a bigger attraction. Oh and … I would say a guaranteed payout would be a bigger attraction. Oh and advertise it on MSE as they'll let you post any old **** over there:lol:

True but nobody would ever find it on the chaos that is MSE :roll:

Admin

I think a £5 voucher is a great idea

id say sign up to quidco

It sounds very good. Reminds me of the time Amazon did a 'review of the month' prize back in the early days. I was delighted when I received a £50 Amazon voucher for my efforts.

£5 sounds like a reasonable incentive to myself, but I imagine it wouldn't entice my father. Essentially you would miss out on a certain sector of people.

Contact Admin...see about a possible quidco link, then you could offer cashback via quidco and everyones happy

Original Poster

Quidco... that's clever. Thanks, I wouldn't have thought of that

Stupid question: is 'Admin' a person on this site? Should I just private message him?

jamesthurley

Stupid question: is 'Admin' a person on this site? Should I just private … Stupid question: is 'Admin' a person on this site? Should I just private message him?

It,s not a stupid question, Admin is Paul the site owner, I would suggest using the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page which will send a message to whichever of the mods are on at the moment.

Original Poster

Thanks, I've contacted them - I'll post back with what happens...

Original Poster

Hmm.. I never got any response from using the "Contact Us" form

I just wish I could post the address of my site here... it's a shame because the owner of TT Freebies let me post about it in the "Coffee Bar" part of their forum, and it's turned into 5 pages (so far) of feedback and encouragement, articles on my site, and I gave out over £100 in Amazon vouchers.

It's frustrating that so many other forums (not just this one) won't let me do the same
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition pre order glitch59
    2. Android Box539
    3. Fitted Sheet55
    4. Good Sim only deals??45

See more discussions