Is this a normal spider you'd find in your garden??!

Edited by:"LeahsMintytoutou"Found 15th Sep 2017
Ok so I've just been cleaning out my cat's outside hut thing and there were a few slugs and spiders and webs lodging in there.. This BEAST was lurking in there! It's soooooo massive!!!! I got it to leave but I know it will go back in. It's got a big grey shiny thing underneath it
Worried it it might be something a little unusual that may bite

2790879.jpg

2790879.jpg

2790879-dfySw.jpg
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
31 Comments
Looks pretty normal to me and the grey shiny thing is probably an egg sac. No need to call out the rangers yet
Original Poster
31995119-7bBix.jpg
tallpete336 m ago

Looks pretty normal to me and the grey shiny thing is probably an egg sac. …Looks pretty normal to me and the grey shiny thing is probably an egg sac. No need to call out the rangers yet

Really.. ugh my skin still keeps shivering.. I've seen looads of spiders, I don't know why but they seem to live my house and garden.. but never seen one this massive.. wish they would stop invading my blooming life
Sod that, I'd be moving house if that was in my post code.
Yep. I agree with tallpete33. Had one about this size in my daughter's bed last weekend.
Luckily Daddy was on hand to sort it out
Nuke from orbit... Only way to be sure
Original Poster
chuckiedoll2 m ago

Yep. I agree with tallpete33. Had one about this size in my daughter's bed …Yep. I agree with tallpete33. Had one about this size in my daughter's bed last weekend.Luckily Daddy was on hand to sort it out

Omg in the bed!!! Ahhhhhh (me running around my room with hands in the air) lol
i had to move it my self traumatised but stronger for it lol
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 15th Sep 2017
RUN!!!!!!!
LeahsMintytoutou1 m ago

Omg in the bed!!! Ahhhhhh (me running around my room with hands in the …Omg in the bed!!! Ahhhhhh (me running around my room with hands in the air) lol

Yep. She leapt at me screaming.
I had attempted to deal with it a few nights before but I must have missed it!
Original Poster
kester767 m ago

Nuke from orbit... Only way to be sure

I never kill them.. my mum taught me never kill spiders, thats one rule I stick to lol.. but I'm not gonna lie when I couldn't get it out with the glass it did cross my mind should I Hoover it up! lol (I didn't
Original Poster
chuckiedoll3 m ago

Yep. She leapt at me screaming. I had attempted to deal with it a few …Yep. She leapt at me screaming. I had attempted to deal with it a few nights before but I must have missed it!

Aww bless her
Banned
I'll have yours if you want mine

31995501-M3XDf.jpg
Original Poster
FloraNordin4 m ago

I'll have yours if you want mine [Image]

Woah!!! That's really bright yellow!!
i have ones shaped like that around were my bins are and plants but they are like a grey and brownish colour..
thats one impressive spider! Maybe he's off out tonight?
Banned
LeahsMintytoutou2 m ago

Woah!!! That's really bright yellow!! i have ones shaped like …Woah!!! That's really bright yellow!! i have ones shaped like that around were my bins are and plants but they are like a grey and brownish colour.. thats one impressive spider! Maybe he's off out tonight?

Yes he's off on a lads night out for sure. I told him your garden had a happy hour
It's not crawling over my skin, RIGHT!?
Original Poster
FloraNordin6 m ago

Yes he's off on a lads night out for sure. I told him your … Yes he's off on a lads night out for sure. I told him your garden had a happy hour

Hahaha I'll tell him not to be home too late if I see him
I hate spiders. One morning I got up and had a wash, dried my face on the towel. When I looked in the mirror I had a massive spider smeared across my face.... Ugh!
Banned
LeahsMintytoutou41 m ago

Hahaha I'll tell him not to be home too late if I see him

No worries, he said he liked your garden more than mine, I have to let him go at some point anyway!
Banned
I just googled 'worst spider photos' to post one and I nearly passed out at some bites so I closed the tab and I shall never look again!!
Original Poster
mrty16 m ago

I hate spiders. One morning I got up and had a wash, dried my face on the …I hate spiders. One morning I got up and had a wash, dried my face on the towel. When I looked in the mirror I had a massive spider smeared across my face.... Ugh!

Lol your Spider-Man!
Looks like a "Giant house Spider" they seem to love my house, I'm always throwing them out, very rare they bite you which they can, I've never been bitten.
Edited by: "4Real2016" 15th Sep 2017
Original Poster
4Real201642 m ago

Looks like a "Giant house Spider" they seem to love my house, I'm always …Looks like a "Giant house Spider" they seem to love my house, I'm always throwing them out, very rare they bite you which they can, I've never been bitten.

I had to save it from my cat. When I went to clean his hut out he was actually inside it so he came out then I saw that spider.. there were so many webs in there I was surprised.. must have been living there for ages. Pusscat (my cat) was watching Sid the spider so had to shop him eating him. I wonder why he never noticed him in there before, bet Sid crawled on Pusscat lots of times lol
Please Don't hoover the spiders up it takes them days to die of dehydration better to kill them outright than do that.I am not encouraging you to kill them btw just not want them to suffer poor things
If you don't want spiders in your house (like me... I'm terrified of them) then I very highly recommended one of if these
....repellers. I've been using them for the last 10 years or so and they absolutely work for me in keeping those monsters out of my house. primrose.co.uk/-p-…BwE
amazon.co.uk/Spi…IRE

Check out the video among the product photos. I bought one of these spider catchers a few years ago when on offer and now I don't have to get up to deal with spiders as anyone can do it. It's nice that it doesn't kill spiders and the trick is that it's got a long reach (plus your arms length) so confidence is restored. Look at me I should be their salesman
If we didn't have spiders who is going to eat the disease ridden flys that feed on poo.
I would rather have a clean spider in the house than flys every where.
No one made me judge jury and executioner so why should we kill spiders just for living.
I don't like the bloke from number 22 and he is ugly but I'm not going to kill him just for existing.
Just pop them back outside, they are not going to hurt you.
Original Poster
englands2843 m ago

If we didn't have spiders who is going to eat the disease ridden flys that …If we didn't have spiders who is going to eat the disease ridden flys that feed on poo.I would rather have a clean spider in the house than flys every where.No one made me judge jury and executioner so why should we kill spiders just for living.I don't like the bloke from number 22 and he is ugly but I'm not going to kill him just for existing.Just pop them back outside, they are not going to hurt you.

Think everyone on here has said they put them outside your neighbour at 22 must be really ugly for you to use him as an examplelol
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 16th Sep 2017
LeahsMintytoutou35 m ago

Think everyone on here has said they put them outside your neighbour …Think everyone on here has said they put them outside your neighbour at 22 must be really ugly for you to use him as an examplelol

Oh he is, thinks his name is peter Parker.
Apparently conkers deter spiders, and that does not mean throwing the conkers at them
Original Poster
matth99997 h, 18 m ago

Apparently conkers deter spiders, and that does not mean throwing the …Apparently conkers deter spiders, and that does not mean throwing the conkers at them

Ooo good tip! May well have to pick a load up when walking my dog, thanks
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 17th Sep 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants