Groups
    EXPIRED

Is this a scam?

Just seen an advert for buy one get one free at la fitness.

Been to the website lafitness.co.uk to check it out and I cant seem to figure it out

Usual price is £39 a month for 12 months + £35 admin fee

or you can have the sale buy one get one free at £35 a month for 24 months + £35 admin fee

Surely thats false advertising, buy one get one free would be £20 a month for 24 or £39 for the first 12 nothing for the second....

3 Comments

Beware of contract lock ins, credit agreements, unfair clauses and a team of staff that will try absolutely anything to prevent you from leaving. Gym membership can be a minefield.

I joined Bannertynes and never went, but then I lack willpower and motivation.

Its not scam just out of sync and not logical pricing. As soon as your signed up you wont be able to get out of it - 24 months is a long time to get yourself stuck in a contract, seriously consider it - will you go for the next 2 years, or get bored after a year at most and still be stuck with the direct debit.

diabeticguy;1390166

Beware of contract lock ins, credit agreements, unfair clauses and a team … Beware of contract lock ins, credit agreements, unfair clauses and a team of staff that will try absolutely anything to prevent you from leaving. Gym membership can be a minefield. I joined Bannertynes and never went, but then I lack willpower and motivation.

The 3 month notice period at bannatynes is a farce. Nice gym and always clean but for the amount I was paying it would have cost less to buy the machines I used when I went!

Original Poster

But if it really was 2 for 1 and i was paying £17.50 a month i wouldnt mind being tied in for 2 years.

I pay £40 now just coming out of a year tie in where they kept upping the price so i want to move. Think id be far better off doing the bupa free gym thing then
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions