Is this a uk red light camera?

Found 9th Apr
2923241-SpmEe.jpgI accidentally passed a red light, I’m really really stressed. I have a new license. The camera’s face isn’t on the road that I was on but when I crossed it it could’ve captured. It says CCTV on the pole so I’m not sure if it’s just a cctv cam or a red light camera HELP!! HELP!! 2923241-7IgDx.jpg2923241-KV7Oy.jpg
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments
Drive sensibly and you won’t have to worry
29 Comments
Doubt that is a red light camera, theyre usually yellow.
master1014 m ago

Doubt that is a red light camera, theyre usually yellow.

Looks more like cctv or bus lane camera (neither of those are usually painted yellow)
As above, they are normally grey/yellow and look like speed cameras.

google.co.uk/map…=en
That look like an ANPR automatic number plate recognition camera maybe.
Looks like it's covering the pedestrian crossing, to prosecute people going through a red crossing light. So as long as you didn't go through the crossing with the lights red you should be OK.
Just a CCTV
Can't see one on the other side of the road so also going with CCTV camera
andy1861861 h, 15 m ago

Maybe the Op just lapsed concentration and went through a red light. I’ve made mistakes when driving before but that doesn’t mean i’m not a sensible driver.
Bradleigh13 m ago

Can't see one on the other side of the road so also going with CCTV camera

I take it you don’t drive then
jayonline855 m ago

I take it you don’t drive then

I don't get caught
Nope, defo not a red light camera! Those ones look like the speed camera( big and with a blitz) and they are situated BEFORE the red light, not after! Chill and drive carefully!
Edited by: "fastclau" 9th Apr
As a new driver the question to ask is not whether you were caught but what caused you to go through the red light in the first place.

Fixing whatever distracted you is what you should focus on, or next time your worry might be whether you've injured the person you hit.
No not a red light camera as it is after the traffic signal, to prosecute you they would need to see you actually run the red light, it does not matter if you went through the next part of the junction several seconds after the lights turned red as the CCTV can not see the actual junction where the red light is, for all the CCTV camera operator knows you could have been requested to drive through on the orders of a police officer, as he can not see the first part of the junction where the actual red light is situated. Just start paying more attention to road signs etc and always looking ahead for hazards, leave your stereo etc off for the next few weeks why you concentrate on learning to look for hazards.
Expect a knock on the door and a retest, running a red is driving without due care and attention.
Google speed camera and put the location and you will know for sure.
jayonline852 h, 36 m ago

Maybe the Op just lapsed concentration and went through a red light. I’ve m …Maybe the Op just lapsed concentration and went through a red light. I’ve made mistakes when driving before but that doesn’t mean i’m not a sensible driver.

Sorry to inform you but a driver wiped out all your family by going through a red light but dont worry they were a sensible driver driving sensibly
33605181-CoQfq.jpg
this is a town cctv unit used to track people or cars if need be from point a - b
ding1 h, 10 m ago

Sorry to inform you but a driver wiped out all your family by going …Sorry to inform you but a driver wiped out all your family by going through a red light but dont worry they were a sensible driver driving sensibly

Let me guess you have never driven 31mph in a 30 zone.
Original Poster
fastclau3 h, 23 m ago

Nope, defo not a red light camera! Those ones look like the speed camera( …Nope, defo not a red light camera! Those ones look like the speed camera( big and with a blitz) and they are situated BEFORE the red light, not after! Chill and drive carefully!

Thanku!
adamderak1 h, 43 m ago

Let me guess you have never driven 31mph in a 30 zone.

Not saying im purfect im just saying that going through a red light is not driving sensible
jayonline856 h, 10 m ago

Maybe the Op just lapsed concentration and went through a red light. I’ve m …Maybe the Op just lapsed concentration and went through a red light. I’ve made mistakes when driving before but that doesn’t mean i’m not a sensible driver.

If you drive through a red light you cannot call yourself a sensible driver. No excuse for that. A lapse in concentration when driving can be the difference between life and death. I think you should get off the road.
If you drive through a Red Light then you deserve to be Prosecuted, Fined and have Points applied to your Licence, too many Points and you lose your Licence, because your clearly a danger to other Road Users and Pedestrians, thats how it works.

On a Lighter Note, we were all Young New Drivers at one point in our Lives and stuff can happen, luckerly for you there were no serous outcome to your actions, so take it on board, learn from it, and pay more attention in the future and good luck with your newly acquired driver learning skills.

By the way, the Camera looks like a standard CCTV Camera which is fed into a Matrix and can be accessed by anyone on a 'Need to Use it Basis', so your probably get away with it, ....this time, but thats not say you cant be Caught and Prosicuted by this type of Camera for all sorts things.
Edited by: "zirk" 9th Apr
ding8 h, 36 m ago

Sorry to inform you but a driver wiped out all your family by going …Sorry to inform you but a driver wiped out all your family by going through a red light but dont worry they were a sensible driver driving sensibly

When did a driver wipe out all my family:/
ding8 h, 45 m ago

You can be a sensible driver and make mistakes. A not so sensible driver would purposely make mistakes ie; speeding, going through red lights, undertaking, aggressive driving. Thanks for thinking about my family that way. I’ve already had an 8 year old family member killed in a hit and run. Let’s hope your thoughts don’t come to reality
andy1861866 h, 59 m ago

If you drive through a red light you cannot call yourself a sensible …If you drive through a red light you cannot call yourself a sensible driver. No excuse for that. A lapse in concentration when driving can be the difference between life and death. I think you should get off the road.

You think I should get off the road? Sensible Sally over there
I'm also a new driver (passed 6.2.18) & I'm 21 now.... I was driving on my own the 2 weeks ago in a small town doing 27 - 29 in a 30 limit when I was lasered by a neighborhood watch team.. How long will it be to find out if I got caught by them?? As a lot of people I know have been caught by them when they were doing under the speed limit can I get prosecuted for that??
Bexbush12347 h, 49 m ago

I'm also a new driver (passed 6.2.18) & I'm 21 now.... I was driving on my …I'm also a new driver (passed 6.2.18) & I'm 21 now.... I was driving on my own the 2 weeks ago in a small town doing 27 - 29 in a 30 limit when I was lasered by a neighborhood watch team.. How long will it be to find out if I got caught by them?? As a lot of people I know have been caught by them when they were doing under the speed limit can I get prosecuted for that??

No and also they wouldn't have been prosecuted for being under the speed limit either. If they were done, They must have exceeded the speed limit.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants