IS THIS ANY GOOD?

Posted 28th Mar
So, as my Moto g 1st edition looks to be on the way out, I'm in the market fer a replacement. I just came across the following, and thought it would be an idea to...ask around?

I'm easy...all I need is a large screen phone (eyesight goes wonky PDQ with the small ones) to surf (sometimes) listen to music (often, on the go) and easily (via bluetooth) transfer from computer (media player) to phone, SO with that in mind, whaderyerall think?
CHEERS

eBay item number:
£49.99 buy it now
Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

5.5" S10 Android 8.1 Unlocked Mobile Phones 3G Smartphone 16GB 2 SIM Quad Core

Item specifics
Condition:New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read more
Brand:XGODY
Connectivity:3G, Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi
Model:S10
Manufacturer warranty:1 year
MPN:5.5-S10-3G-00-
UK Features:Colour Screen, Dual SIM, 3G Data Capable, Camera, GPRS, GPS Colour:
Multi Coloured Screen Size:5.5 in
Storage Capacity:4 GB Or 16 GB
Model Number:S10
Network:Unlocked
Style:Bar
Lock Status:Factory Unlocked
Memory Card Type:MicroSD
Operating System:Android
Contract:Without Contract
Cellular Band:2G(GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz) 3G(WCDMA 850/2100MHz)
Processor:Quad Core
Manufacturer Colour:Multicoloured
RAM:512 MB Or 2 GB
Camera Resolution:5.0MP
SIM Card Slot:Dual SIM
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
I have never heard of the brand XGODY? But then again I am no expert, if it were me I would leave well alone.
Dyslexic_Dog28/03/2020 12:26

I have never heard of the brand XGODY? But then again I am no expert, if …I have never heard of the brand XGODY? But then again I am no expert, if it were me I would leave well alone.

The main upside to this deal is that it's on eBay, so you are protected in a number of different ways, but I see your point...XGODY?

Cheers Dyslexic
If it's the model with 512MB RAM and / or 4GB storage, absolutely avoid.
And 1 year manufacturer warranty? Seriously, how do you expect to service a warranty claim with a foreign manufacturer, and PayPal will offer no assistance with any warranty claim as PP does not provide nor support warranty claims.
Gazz5928/03/2020 12:40

The main upside to this deal is that it's on eBay, so you are protected in …The main upside to this deal is that it's on eBay, so you are protected in a number of different ways...

Protected against non-arrival or not as described, or hitting it with a hammer and sending it back for a fraudulent refund, but absolutely no effective warranty protection other than whatever arrangement you may be able to extract from the seller, which likely is either nothing or sending your phone somewhere never to be seen again.
AndyRoyd28/03/2020 14:46

If it's the model with 512MB RAM and / or 4GB storage, absolutely …If it's the model with 512MB RAM and / or 4GB storage, absolutely avoid.And 1 year manufacturer warranty? Seriously, how do you expect to service a warranty claim with a foreign manufacturer, and PayPal will offer no assistance with any warranty claim as PP does not provide nor support warranty claims.

Just had another look, and you have options, so I selected
2GB + 16GB storage (over 512MB+ 4GB)
Colour: Black
Accessories: Smartphone only to come up with a £49.99 price tag, and Postage:?
40212095.jpgFAST & FREE
By Wed. 01 Apr.

And the location?
Item location: Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Posts to:
United Kingdom, Ireland.

Paypal?
I have PAD (Payment After Delivery) so have 14 days from purchase date to RECEIVE and check-out an item, along with eBay's (for buyers) near bulletproof protection.

Foreign warranty?
No issues with foreign warranty, unless I've missed something? well, it wouldn't be the first time TBH, or (I suspect) the last.
Edited by: "Gazz59" 28th Mar
AndyRoyd28/03/2020 14:53

Protected against non-arrival or not as described, or hitting it with a …Protected against non-arrival or not as described, or hitting it with a hammer and sending it back for a fraudulent refund, but absolutely no effective warranty protection other than whatever arrangement you may be able to extract from the seller, which likely is either nothing or sending your phone somewhere never to be seen again.

Protected against non-arrival or not as described, or "hitting it with a hammer and sending it back for a fraudulent refund"

Yes, I do believe you get it andy, you understand the B S an (honest) eBay seller has to put up with.
I'm just thinking calls, texts and playing music "on the go", so it's tempting.
Gazz5928/03/2020 15:22

Just had another look, and you have options, so I selected 2GB + 16GB …Just had another look, and you have options, so I selected 2GB + 16GB storage (over 512MB+ 4GB)Colour: BlackAccessories: Smartphone only to come up with a £49.99 price tag, and Postage:?[Image] FAST & FREEBy Wed. 01 Apr. And the location? Item location: Leicestershire, United Kingdom Posts to:United Kingdom, Ireland.Paypal?I have PAD (Payment After Delivery) so have 14 days from purchase date to RECEIVE and check-out an item, along with eBay's (for buyers) near bulletproof protection.Foreign warranty?No issues with foreign warranty, unless I've missed something? well, it wouldn't be the first time TBH, or (I suspect) the last.

Strangely the combination of black+2GB+16GB+smartphone shows OOS on mobile browser.
PayPal permits you to check an item for up to 180days to ensure it is as described but PP does not support nor provide warranty. This works well if for example you buy a waterproof raincoat and it doesn't rain for 5 months, then when it does rain you discover it is not waterproof. It doesn't work well if you wear the waterproof coat whilst working at a car wash and the waterproof function dies at similar month 5. Or month 4. Or month 3. Or month 2...
Presumably you are comfortable with a warranty requirement that expects you to fund an insured return to foreign manufacturer (implied as far east) and equally comfortable that the manufacturer will return the repaired phone, rather than possibly fix and sell at local far east market. @99iainb will be able to give you an indication of how much it costs to send a phone to far east and how long you may have to wait for its return.
2GB + 16GB comes up just now as 4 available on my Laptop (via my 32"TV) Oh DEEP joy.

I see no indication that it is a foreign purchase. It's UK based, and only posts to the UK, Ireland. The seller is called uniteasone17
this is 100% one of those listings, that says the location is the UK, but without any doubt, this will be shipped from China

go on the wish app, it’s full of xgody phones

avoid at all costs
Mendoza28/03/2020 16:44

this is 100% one of those listings, that says the location is the UK, but …this is 100% one of those listings, that says the location is the UK, but without any doubt, this will be shipped from China go on the wish app, it’s full of xgody phones avoid at all costs

Wish looks MENtal

this is 100% one of those listings, that says the location is the UK, but …this is 100% one of those listings, that says the location is the UK, but without any doubt, this will be shipped from China go on the wish app, it’s full of xgody phones avoid at all costs

AndyRoyd28/03/2020 16:18

Strangely the combination of black+2GB+16GB+smartphone shows OOS on mobile …Strangely the combination of black+2GB+16GB+smartphone shows OOS on mobile browser.PayPal permits you to check an item for up to 180days to ensure it is as described but PP does not support nor provide warranty. This works well if for example you buy a waterproof raincoat and it doesn't rain for 5 months, then when it does rain you discover it is not waterproof. It doesn't work well if you wear the waterproof coat whilst working at a car wash and the waterproof function dies at similar month 5. Or month 4. Or month 3. Or month 2...Presumably you are comfortable with a warranty requirement that expects you to fund an insured return to foreign manufacturer (implied as far east) and equally comfortable that the manufacturer will return the repaired phone, rather than possibly fix and sell at local far east market. @99iainb will be able to give you an indication of how much it costs to send a phone to far east and how long you may have to wait for its return.

parcel2go.com would give a better indication
Gazz5928/03/2020 16:40

2GB + 16GB comes up just now as 4 available on my Laptop (via my 32"TV) Oh …2GB + 16GB comes up just now as 4 available on my Laptop (via my 32"TV) Oh DEEP joy.I see no indication that it is a foreign purchase. It's UK based, and only posts to the UK, Ireland. The seller is called uniteasone17

You may miss the point. You appear to feel comfortable that you will have a 12 months manufacturer warranty.
The listing states the seller is based in China. Where do you think the manufacturer is based?
How do you think the manufacturer warranty will be serviced?

I believe the Chinese seller holds stock in Leicester and have reasonable faith that a package will ship from Leicester in the timeframe indicated in the listing.
I'm have equal faith that any warranty servicing will be effected by sending the phone to China, with all the implied costs and risks that entails.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions