Groups
    EXPIRED

is this any good?

is this 3d tv any good??

11 Comments

I'm no expert on 3D, but I'd say for the money it isn't a good buy. You should be able to pick up a 42" for this kind on money, but if size isn't the issue, then I would shop around and you should be able to pick this up a lot cheaper.

Have a look at Richer Sounds they have LED 3D TVs for under 660 which includes the 5 year warranty.

John Lewis would also be a good place to try.

Good luck.......

Original Poster

so whats better for 3d lcd,led or plasma?

nightstud

so whats better for 3d lcd,led or plasma?

I hear plasma is top dog for 3D

Banned

It's really worth waiting for 3D, to see if it actually takes off in any substantial way. Otherwise you're paying twice as much for a tv with no real benefits.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry

It's really worth waiting for 3D, to see if it actually takes off in any … It's really worth waiting for 3D, to see if it actually takes off in any substantial way. Otherwise you're paying twice as much for a tv with no real benefits.

thanks i saw one in town and thought they were amazing to be honest specially the footie

Re Plasma and LED there isn't a great deal of difference on these. Plasma still wins with regard to the viewing angle, here is a great link that explains in more detail.
    buzzle.com/art…tml

I've had a Panasonic Plasma now for 3 years and I love it. It's a 46" and HD is just superb compared to both LCD and LED and I wouldn't change just now. I can't comment on the 3D side as I haven't bought one, but Plasma every time for me

nightstud

[url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.very.co.uk%2Fsamsung-32in-3d-freeview-hd-led-tv-ue32d6100skxxu%2F888752930.prd%3Fcmtag%3Do%26_requestid%3D44331%26browseToken%3D%2Fq%2Fpy399]http://www.very.co.uk/samsung-32in-3d-freeview-hd-led-tv-ue32d6100skxxu/888752930.prd?cmtag=o&_requestid=44331&browseToken=/q/py399[/url]

Question, do you have 2 eyes? Jus saying?

Banned

nightstud

thanks i saw one in town and thought they were amazing to be honest … thanks i saw one in town and thought they were amazing to be honest specially the footie

Having to wear the glasses gets old fast and if you have friends round then it can cause problems.

There's just not enough content available for it yet.

Also I'm not sure how well the effect would look on a 32 inch tv.
    Edited by: "FilthAndFurry" 31st Mar 2011

Original Poster

splatsplatsplat

Question, do you have 2 eyes? Jus saying?

nice.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry

Having to wear the glasses gets old fast and if you have friends round … Having to wear the glasses gets old fast and if you have friends round then it can cause problems.There's just not enough content available for it yet.Also I'm not sure how well the effect would look on a 32 inch tv.

to be honest just want it for the ocasional footie.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best Wi-Fi extender22
      2. Car park fine UKPC1010
      3. Boxes for moving house?66
      4. Competitions on HUKD712

See more discussions