Groups

Is this any good for bedroom tv?

looking for a cheap surround sound for the bedroom (the sound on my new tv is pap) is this any good do you think? I dont want to blast the house down so it doesn't have to be amazing just want a better sound.

13 Comments

Original Poster

is this for watching those (cough) special films in the bedroom moo?

Original Poster

barky

is this for watching those (cough) special films in the bedroom moo?

no I do that on the laptop cheeky pants

Ah perfect topic.
    I am in a similar boat. I want a good but cheap DVD system to play everything (have all plugins needed) etc but also have the ability to play from USB.

Would also like (if cheap enough) to get some speakers attached or separate so I can have them nearer my head to reduce noise. (Neighbors accusing me of being to loud, despite it being the people a house over).

Original Poster

teraomi

Ah perfect topic.I am in a similar boat. I want a good but cheap DVD … Ah perfect topic.I am in a similar boat. I want a good but cheap DVD system to play everything (have all plugins needed) etc but also have the ability to play from USB. Would also like (if cheap enough) to get some speakers attached or separate so I can have them nearer my head to reduce noise. (Neighbors accusing me of being to loud, despite it being the people a house over).

did you look at the link? what do you think?

Banned

at that price and brand, it will probably sound awful.

Banned

love the way they call it home theatre yet just outputs 2 channel stereo lol

Original Poster

csiman

at that price and brand, it will probably sound awful.

yr right, prob why the tv sounds pap too

I have some logitech x-230 pc speakers connected to a bedroom tv and the sound is excellent.

The setup you linked to will probably sound ok ish for a bedroom (if not just take it back to tesco?) but personally I think you'd be better off with a 2.1 system (2 small speakers and a subwoofer)

Banned

jtx

I have some logitech x-230 pc speakers connected to a bedroom tv and the … I have some logitech x-230 pc speakers connected to a bedroom tv and the sound is excellent. The setup you linked to will probably sound ok ish for a bedroom (if not just take it back to tesco?) but personally I think you'd be better off with a 2.1 system (2 small speakers and a subwoofer)

op is looking for a 'surround sound system'

csiman

I don't think the op cares if it's a 5.1 surround, she just wants a better sound than her crappy tv speakers. I could be wrong though

Original Poster

jtx

I have some logitech x-230 pc speakers connected to a bedroom tv and the … I have some logitech x-230 pc speakers connected to a bedroom tv and the sound is excellent. The setup you linked to will probably sound ok ish for a bedroom (if not just take it back to tesco?) but personally I think you'd be better off with a 2.1 system (2 small speakers and a subwoofer)

thanks dfor that, just had a look but they are either out of stock or been discontinued, could I use pc speakers?

Original Poster

csiman

jtx

I don't think the op cares if it's a 5.1 surround, she just wants a … I don't think the op cares if it's a 5.1 surround, she just wants a better sound than her crappy tv speakers. I could be wrong though

I did want a surround sound but tbh I didnt know you could use pc speakers, i'm not that clued up hence the crapola tv
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1532
      2. Dashcam question512
      3. Battery drain on iOS 111214
      4. Which Kodi Add-ons?1111

See more discussions