Groups

Is this any good - Seagate Expansions 500GB External Desktop USB 2.0 Hard Drive?

amazon.co.uk/Sea…8-1

Anyone own one and if so are they any good for backing up files and storing media?

Is the fan noisy? And, can you turn it on and off?

Thanks.

4 Comments

Original Poster

Seagate Expansions 500GB External Desktop USB 2.0 Hard Drive

amazon.co.uk/Sea…8-1

500gb, bit small innit?

>Anyone own one and if so are they any good for backing up files and storing media?
    >Is the fan noisy?

I have one of these.

It is very quiet, I dont think it has a fan (or if it does I canot hear it)

>And, can you turn it on and off?

The fan or the whole thing?

No you cant turn it off (the whole thing), there is no on/off switch but that is not a problem.

You can get a 1Tb drive for not much more nowadays

ebuyer.com/pro…159

Original Poster

guilbert53;7109740

Anyone own one and if so are they any good for backing up files and … >Anyone own one and if so are they any good for backing up files and storing media? >Is the fan noisy? I have one of these. It is very quiet, I dont think it has a fan.>And, can you turn it on and off?The fan or the whole thing?No you cant turn it off (the whole thing), there is no on/off switch but that is not a problem.You can get a 1Tb drive for not much more nowadayshttp://www.ebuyer.com/product/181159

how do you turn it off - do you have to keep it plugged into your computer all the time? or can you disconnect it?

Thanks. Repped.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944524
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1837
      3. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2733
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7191353

See more discussions