Groups

is this beginers guitar set ok ??

what do you people think of the one below ??

iv never tryed to play but have a fair bit of time on my hands and want a hobby other than biking that can be done in all weathers lol

rep left for good advise

7 Comments

Banned

no mate you want one of these "squier frontman starter kit"

Depends on your budget. The ]yamaha pacifica is supposed to be a good beginners guitar. Does it have to be an electric?

Original Poster

yeah electric so mrs dont complain too much, looking to spend no more than £100 really

Suggest you opt for this one

thomann.de/gb/…d09

if that's ya budget, then I'd avoid a guitar with tremolo arm as you'll never get it to tune up properly and you'll get fed up with always being out of tune, the above Epiphone has a fixed bridge and should stay in tune okay :-D

Original Poster

MrGrumpyman;4252995

Suggest you opt for this one … Suggest you opt for this one http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_invader_eguitar_pack.htm?sid=645deb6329cdab83f863525f93807d09if that's ya budget, then I'd avoid a guitar with tremolo arm as you'll never get it to tune up properly and you'll get fed up with always being out of tune, the above Epiphone has a fixed bridge and should stay in tune okay :-D

thanks, so would you say this is a lot better deal for a few extra quid ?

thomann.de/gb/…htm

Is is more difficult to learn on an electric compared to an acoustic? The electric does have the advantage of just plugging in the headphones but I thought acoustic are easier to learn on...........

If I get an acoustic I'd go for the Yamaha F310 has some great reviews.

There is a review of the Pacifica on Youtube - same chap does one for the F310 too
    uk.youtube.com/wat…ted

Be interested to know which is best to learn on.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions