Found 25th Aug 2009
Right,

V Reg Clio, 5 Door, 1.4L, 88K Miles, 12 months MOT.

Bad points.

Side door got keyed so scratched, the odd scratch here and there around it. Inside the plastic covering the speedo is cracked plus a heater cover is missing

£1395. Guess i could knock him down over the scratches and that.

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
25 Comments

[COLOR="Red"]Under 'Bad Points' you forgot to mention it's French.

HTH.[/COLOR]

Expensive.

Its French

No

get german or japanese.

I think that is quite expensive... mileage is on the high side and renaults aren't that reliable anyway

Sounds a bit on the pricey side to me

The JFK;6115935

[COLOR="Red"]Under 'Bad Points' you forgot to mention it's … [COLOR="Red"]Under 'Bad Points' you forgot to mention it's French.HTH.[/COLOR]

+1

:?

its overpriced when we traded our v plate got £500 for it at a push that was 2 years ago and it had been giving us a bit of grief for a while

CAP valuation says that in showroom condition at 90,000 miles it would only be worth £840.

Average condition says it's work £690 so i would say it's very overpriced!!

Original Poster

Jesus why is it so hard to buy a car!! Everyone has different opinions, just back from the pub and everyone says somewhere different.

Get a dieseal cos of my mileage, get a petrol, get this, get that AHHHH

I cant find a newish shape petrol corsa for around that by me though.

Could never ever get a bendy shape clio for £670, ever.

Original Poster

Simon012 that is a great link

It says in a dealer it would be worth Dealer £1,800

So 1400 is cheap, i can get the panel done on the cheap

So confusing.

Banned

ALICOM007;6116073

get german or japanese.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3103/photolns.jpg

It's expensive for a petrol car of its age.

Original Poster

Adam2050;6118733

It's expensive for a petrol car of its age.

Is it when i cant find a clio cheaper?

the__mayster;6118775

People will be trying anything to get rid of cars atm. If this is a private owner I would haggle him down. To get that door out it will cost you roughly 50-80 quid if not a new door. Check stuff check everything and knock him down. I wouldn't pay that but if your happy then go for it.

I had one of these and I hammered it, french cars are crap but if you get a gooden they can last.

Check out auto trader I think it's over priced by about £400

please dont buy a clio, in fact if you wait a mo I can knock you one up out of the bits thats dropped off mine! hehehe

Banned

the__mayster;6118775

Have you considered any other cars?

Check out a Toyota corolla?

Original Poster

I have been checking out a few cars, its just im going to be doing 40 miles a day on the motorway so dont know if i should get a 1.6 or something like that.

pink, I have checked out auto trader and i cant find a 1.4 clio for anywhere near that price.

Cheapest newish shaped clio on auto trader within 20 miles of my house.

1999 V Reg RENAULT Clio 1.4 Alize

Price:
£1,995

Features:

* 77,000 miles
* Manual
* Red
* Petrol
* Hatchback
* 1390 cc

Making the one im on about seem cheap.

try parkers (not sure which model you're after so went with non 16V spec)
parkers.co.uk/car…=62

the__mayster;6119896

I have been checking out a few cars, its just im going to be doing 40 … I have been checking out a few cars, its just im going to be doing 40 miles a day on the motorway so dont know if i should get a 1.6 or something like that.pink, I have checked out auto trader and i cant find a 1.4 clio for anywhere near that price.Cheapest newish shaped clio on auto trader within 20 miles of my house.1999 V Reg RENAULT Clio 1.4 AlizePrice:£1,995Features: * 77,000 miles * Manual * Red * Petrol * Hatchback * 1390 ccMaking the one im on about seem cheap.

Thats the Alize, which is the LX model basically. Luxury. Had one of these.

Original Poster

Im still thinking as its from a dealer its a good price.

Now im thinking maybe a 1.6 Citroen Xsara instead. Dont know what size engine to get, petrol or diesel is so confusing.

I will be doing 40 odd miles a day on the motorway so thinking that a bigger engined car would be better for fuel? Plus my GF lives 30 miles away so would be driving up there a fair bit.

Try looking further than 20 miles from your house... you're limiting yourself there.
I few pounds spent on petrol may save you a few hundred pounds in the long run
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2685
    2. Add one, leave one game54415416
    3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70561
    4. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868

See more discussions