Is this cheeky?

Found 26th Jan
I bought some educational flashcards and because delivery was steep at £5, my friend added her bits to the order so we could essentially halve the delivery cost between us.
i paid via paypal and now the company ( looks like its owned by 1 person) has emailed me and requested that i pay another £5 in order to have the items delivered. Can they enforce this? I think its ridiculous the company think £10 is an appropriate cost to charge for a couple of packs of cards ( probably weigh the equivalent of a pack of biscuits)
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Quite a few companies make their money from the p&p. It makes their prices look better but I assumed this practice was being phased out. I would stand your ground and see if they give in.
They have taken the money already so the contract is already made. It's their problem. They don't have a leg to stand on.

If they cancel and refund you, they will lose money on Paypal charges
ccnp3 m ago

They have taken the money already so the contract is already made. It's …They have taken the money already so the contract is already made. It's their problem. They don't have a leg to stand on.If they cancel and refund you, they will lose money on Paypal charges

Firstly, a PayPal payment means money wasn't taken by the seller, but sent by the buyer. If the seller cancels there is little the buyer can do. The fee for refunding will only be 20p so hardly a huge loss.

OP, you cannot force the seller to send the items unfortunately. Why have they asked for more money? Have you given two delivery addresses or just the one?
windym1 h, 28 m ago

Firstly, a PayPal payment means money wasn't taken by the seller, but sent …Firstly, a PayPal payment means money wasn't taken by the seller, but sent by the buyer. If the seller cancels there is little the buyer can do. The fee for refunding will only be 20p so hardly a huge loss.OP, you cannot force the seller to send the items unfortunately. Why have they asked for more money? Have you given two delivery addresses or just the one?

I gave 1 delivery address, i think they are just trying to make extra money. The same company is selling the cards via amazon but it works out more expensive so thats why i went directly to the company’s website. I emailed tonsay inwont be paying any more. Will see what they email back. Thanks for all your replies
spicy_gal9 m ago

I gave 1 delivery address, i think they are just trying to make extra …I gave 1 delivery address, i think they are just trying to make extra money. The same company is selling the cards via amazon but it works out more expensive so thats why i went directly to the company’s website. I emailed tonsay inwont be paying any more. Will see what they email back. Thanks for all your replies

Well, if they don't send you will just have to take the refund. If they don't give it voluntarily then you can claim NR (not received) so your money is safe, but it's a pain they won't honour their own website terms.
I don't understand why you are being charged double if there is only one delivery address. Does the seller charge £5 p&p per order or per item?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants