Is this company real/genuine?

Posted 18th Nov
I have seen reports of fake make up sites. I am unsure how to check if a site is genuine. here is the link. Can anyone advise please0? Thank you in advance.

veneromor.com/ind…D=1
Community Updates
Ask
32 Comments
No, there's loads of obvious signs. No contact into, say they're a factory but sell other brands, weird price for free shipping (obviously converted from some random currency).
dcx_badass18/11/2019 22:49

No, there's loads of obvious signs. No contact into, say they're a factory …No, there's loads of obvious signs. No contact into, say they're a factory but sell other brands, weird price for free shipping (obviously converted from some random currency).

I thought so. A friend shared it with me and I was suspicious but not really looked anywhere other than official stockists before. Thank you!
Looks glaringly obvious it's a con, every page has been poorly translated from another language.
If you can't find any contact details or a location within a few minutes it's not worth going any further.
jaketheplumber18/11/2019 23:05

Looks glaringly obvious it's a con, every page has been poorly translated …Looks glaringly obvious it's a con, every page has been poorly translated from another language. If you can't find any contact details or a location within a few minutes it's not worth going any further.

Thank you. I didn't want to say it was fake without asking others first. Much appreciated!
Usually if you haven't heard of a company/website do a Google search with the name and trust pilot. Trustworthy review site. Saved me from ordering a few times.
foxylady*18/11/2019 23:30

Thank you. I didn't want to say it was fake without asking others first. …Thank you. I didn't want to say it was fake without asking others first. Much appreciated!

Lol. Approach the quandary from another angle: what elements of the site suggest it is not a bent site?
Alexandralocks19/11/2019 00:15

Usually if you haven't heard of a company/website do a Google search with …Usually if you haven't heard of a company/website do a Google search with the name and trust pilot. Trustworthy review site. Saved me from ordering a few times.

Lots of fake reviews on trust pilot so don’t read too much into that. Check other things such as terms and conditions as they tend to copy these from other websites without removing the company name or address from the site they copied it from. Etc check companies house too if uk.
With friends like yours ...
The translated English is surely enough to make your mind up?
I was looking for support rather than judgemental comments. I wasn't sure so I came here for evidence. For example, when you can find out where the company is registered. Rather than instinct, I wanted evidence. I guess this is not the place to request support or advice. Thanks to those who helped.
Alexandralocks19/11/2019 00:15

Usually if you haven't heard of a company/website do a Google search with …Usually if you haven't heard of a company/website do a Google search with the name and trust pilot. Trustworthy review site. Saved me from ordering a few times.

Good advice. There are countless examples of members posting threads/comments here with their findings from review sites after they have provided payment details to a bogus site.

The Trust Pilot review comments for HotUKDeals.com & hukd.com are always amusing...

[ uk.trustpilot.com/rev…com ]
[ uk.trustpilot.com/rev…com ]
Edited by: "fanpages" 19th Nov
foxylady*18/11/2019 22:53

I have seen reports of fake make up sites. I am unsure how to check if a …I have seen reports of fake make up sites. I am unsure how to check if a site is genuine. here is the link. Can anyone advise please0? Thank you in advance. https://www.veneromor.com/index.php?main_page=cms_page&cpID=1

dcx_badass18/11/2019 22:49

No, there's loads of obvious signs. No contact into, say they're a factory …No, there's loads of obvious signs. No contact into, say they're a factory but sell other brands, weird price for free shipping (obviously converted from some random currency).

I would have stopped at the final word in this quote from the first line of the "About Us" page...

"We are a business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-customer(B2C) online facotry..."

PS. I am still waiting for the footnote associated with the asterisk following your name, foxylady
I also like the way the currency can be changed in the page header (from "GBP" to "EUR" or "USD") but the "FREE SHIPPING ON ORDER [sic] OVER £36.8" text does not change to match the selection. The missing "0" digit for "80 pence" just adds to the comedy value.

39027118-t0UwG.jpg
fanpages19/11/2019 07:52

I would have stopped at the final word in this quote from the first line … I would have stopped at the final word in this quote from the first line of the "About Us" page..."We are a business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-customer(B2C) online facotry..."PS. I am still waiting for the footnote associated with the asterisk following your name, foxylady

Goodness knows why I put that... maybe a good footnote would be "correct at time of creating username"
foxylady*19/11/2019 07:26

I guess this is not the place to request support or advice. Thanks to …I guess this is not the place to request support or advice. Thanks to those who helped.

You've had plenty of good advice
fanpages19/11/2019 07:52

...PS. I am still waiting for the footnote associated with the asterisk …...PS. I am still waiting for the footnote associated with the asterisk following your name, foxylady

foxylady*19/11/2019 08:29

Goodness knows why I put that... maybe a good footnote would be "correct …Goodness knows why I put that... maybe a good footnote would be "correct at time of creating username"

It seems to break the ability to look at your profile by hovering over, or clicking upon, your username too:

[ hotukdeals.com/pro…dy* ]

( @magicjay1986 )
cmdr_elito19/11/2019 05:23

Lots of fake reviews on trust pilot so don’t read too much into that. C …Lots of fake reviews on trust pilot so don’t read too much into that. Check other things such as terms and conditions as they tend to copy these from other websites without removing the company name or address from the site they copied it from. Etc check companies house too if uk.

I get that there will be plenty reviews, but if it's a reputable company the good reviews will outshine the rest.
Alexandralocks19/11/2019 12:08

I get that there will be plenty reviews, but if it's a reputable company …I get that there will be plenty reviews, but if it's a reputable company the good reviews will outshine the rest.

Ignore the reviews.. All total rubbish. Companies leave bad reviews on competitors sites and there's a whole industry of companies that will 'create' a good review profile. Its big business. Weird of mouth and experience is the only real yardstick.
Ringfinger20/11/2019 07:26

Ignore the reviews.. All total rubbish. Companies leave bad reviews on …Ignore the reviews.. All total rubbish. Companies leave bad reviews on competitors sites and there's a whole industry of companies that will 'create' a good review profile. Its big business. Weird of mouth and experience is the only real yardstick.

Do as you please, you might not want to check their reviews but it doesn't mean all the reviews will be fake.
Oh god I just ordered from them. I thought it was Morphe website and the Black Friday deals .
how can I get money back
Edited by: "heather.bouaouiche" 23rd Nov
Alexandralocks20/11/2019 12:49

Do as you please, you might not want to check their reviews but it doesn't …Do as you please, you might not want to check their reviews but it doesn't mean all the reviews will be fake.

The point I was making is that you have no way of knowing if the good ones or bad ones are genuine or indeed if any or how many are genuine.
I am really dubious, but I tend to ignore the 5* and the 1* reviews. For me the only ones worth looking at are 2* - 4* reviews - I can't E anyone paying for either totally good reviews or damaging bad reviews.
heather.bouaouiche22/11/2019 22:57

Oh god I just ordered from them. I thought it was Morphe website and the …Oh god I just ordered from them. I thought it was Morphe website and the Black Friday deals .how can I get money back

Me too! I searched “morphe” in google and as it was the first site in the search list and it was Black Friday, I really didn’t think too much about any of it and just spent!!!
I was just think about buying something but I didn’t know whether it was genuine or not, can someone who’s ordered something tell me whether the palettes are real or not?
Molly_Mania23/11/2019 20:30

I was just think about buying something but I didn’t know whether it was g …I was just think about buying something but I didn’t know whether it was genuine or not, can someone who’s ordered something tell me whether the palettes are real or not?

It’s fake
bethan.long23/11/2019 13:02

Me too! I searched “morphe” in google and as it was the first site in the s …Me too! I searched “morphe” in google and as it was the first site in the search list and it was Black Friday, I really didn’t think too much about any of it and just spent!!!

I did as well and it’s fake
I’ve ordered to is it fake ? As anyone received there goods yet ? And if you pay by PayPal would I get my money back
thanks
Just ordered off it it’s an absolute scam why’s the website still up ?
joe.scott02/12/2019 14:55

Just ordered off it it’s an absolute scam why’s the website still up ?

Did you pay with PayPal? I have had my money back and had the products sent. They are fake 100% the grammar is awful on the back of the box and the print on the front of the James Charles box is pixelated. Will upload pictures when back from work.
Kellie_Ware29/11/2019 20:36

I’ve ordered to is it fake ? As anyone received there goods yet ? And if y …I’ve ordered to is it fake ? As anyone received there goods yet ? And if you pay by PayPal would I get my money backthanks

Yes. I had my money back and items still sent. PayPal was very helpful
Molly_Mania23/11/2019 20:30

I was just think about buying something but I didn’t know whether it was g …I was just think about buying something but I didn’t know whether it was genuine or not, can someone who’s ordered something tell me whether the palettes are real or not?

They are 100% fake. I have them at home and will upload pictures. They aren't even good copy's and got sent in a bag that had been duct taped.
39283391-fQCjj.jpg Don’t buy from this site 100% fake! I bought this for my daughter and it arrived like this yesterday. There’s no way if it was real it should arrive like this. The make up inside is not damaged at all but the outside is all smeared in makeup and the box of the other one I bought was bashed.lesson learned for me. From now on I’ll be sticking with boots.
Jillbill0107/12/2019 08:07

[Image] Don’t buy from this site 100% fake! I bought this for my daughter …[Image] Don’t buy from this site 100% fake! I bought this for my daughter and it arrived like this yesterday. There’s no way if it was real it should arrive like this. The make up inside is not damaged at all but the outside is all smeared in makeup and the box of the other one I bought was bashed.lesson learned for me. From now on I’ll be sticking with boots.

39284893-zTpH4.jpg39284893-3cvau.jpg39284893-iDsnq.jpg39284893-XrR32.jpgSnap. Got my money back via PayPal but the grammar on the back of the box's is what is most amusing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants