Groups
    EXPIRED

Is this dodgy?

Banned
    I posted an O2 voucher up for sale, thread was closed because you cant sell them, somebody PM'd me asking if i will accept £9.50 for it and is asking for my paypal email address, is that dodgy?

14 Comments

Banned

who pm'ed u

ill confirm

against rules anyway

they need ur paypal mail address in oder to send funds to your paypal account

it depends if the person is trying to scam you.. or the person might just want to purchase the voucher. but usually to have any ground to stand on incase of a scammer you have to do the deal in the thread so not sure if it went wrong what you could do with it being in private...

well, if they're a long standing member with good feedback- i wouldn't expect it to be a dodgy thing...

its against the rules on here to deal by pm. so i'd report the guy to a mod.

however whats the difference between selling a top up voucher and box live points/ 12 months codes etc?

Original Poster Banned

if it is against rules then i wont deal, thanks for help

Original Poster Banned

also, can anybody do illegal activity with my email address that is used for my paypal?

DavidLFC23;7445900

also, can anybody do illegal activity with my email address that is used … also, can anybody do illegal activity with my email address that is used for my paypal?

They could spam your Email address, but i doubt anything else.

DavidLFC23;7445900

also, can anybody do illegal activity with my email address that is used … also, can anybody do illegal activity with my email address that is used for my paypal?

giving out your email is standard procedure if you want someone else to send you money via paypal, so no its not dodgy that someone is asking for it. thats all they need though so as long as they dont ask for any other details theres nothing to worry about.

but dealing via pm is very naughty and should never be considered

Original Poster Banned

manchesterjim;7446000

giving out your email is standard procedure if you want someone else to … giving out your email is standard procedure if you want someone else to send you money via paypal, so no its not dodgy that someone is asking for it. thats all they need though so as long as they dont ask for any other details theres nothing to worry about.but dealing via pm is very naughty and should never be considered

ok thanks for your help too, i wont be dealing by pm

Banned

what member what member !

Original Poster Banned

hncb0809;7446173

what member what member !

sorry, if he is not doing anything illegal i cant say

supermod

DavidLFC23, can you let us know which member contacted you via PM in confidence via the report button http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/images/custom_buttons/report.gif on this thread so we can do a full background check & take the appropriate action, thanks.

(11) Offer and acceptance of trade or sale MUST be posted in relevant … (11) Offer and acceptance of trade or sale MUST be posted in relevant threads. Private Messages are for personal details only, you must NOT deal by PM or by any other method away from the FS/T forum.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
    2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
    3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
    4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions