Is this dvd writer thingy any good?

I was going to buy an internal dvd writer from ebay for about £20 when I realised that I could spend £30 on ebuyer and get a tenner off with google checkout.
Anyway I found this:
ebuyer.com/UK/…980
Looks good - captures VHS, tv ect directly, good news for me as I could condense the kid's video collection and get rid of the bulky great things at a carboot.
Basically, is there any reason that I shouldn't buy this?

5 Comments

DVD writers are pretty cheap anyway, regardless of £10 google.

Plenty here under £20.

lowestonweb.com/pro…1D3

gd_miester

DVD writers are pretty cheap anyway, regardless of £10 google.Plenty here … DVD writers are pretty cheap anyway, regardless of £10 google.Plenty here under £20.http://www.lowestonweb.com/products/index.asp?e=033C13F4-3A05-40B9-89E9-E79A804191D3

They aren't external Dvd rewriters though as i presume bod emrys wants?

I haven't used that writer although judging by reviews it doesn't seem to do the one touch recording very well (or at all!)

Original Poster

Thanks for both your comments. I was looking for any internal drive, but I thought of getting the external one from ebuyer as you can simply plug a VCR into the back of it, without this what would I need to copy VHS to DVD?
Your right about the reviews though Iom-RF, doesn't look too good

No, you will not be able to plug it into a VCR.

You would need a DVD recorder for that.

Its quite confusing because :

ebuyer

you can find four ports for connecting the LG GSA-E20N to different … you can find four ports for connecting the LG GSA-E20N to different multimedia devices, like a television, a camcoder or a digital camera. Also, two more RCA sockets are available for stereo sound, an S-Video connector and a composite port.

So reading that it looks like you could connect a VCR, But it is not a standalone dvd recorder, You'd still need a laptop/pc to power it and record to.

But the reviews aren't very good for that side at all!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2034
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763944
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846082
    4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2450

See more discussions