Groups

is this for real or scam? pls advice

hi,

i advertised on gumtree to sell my iphone. and received this email.. too good to be true...

Hello Seller,
    Thanks for the fast mail,i want you know that am ready for to buy this item for my best friend that went for a special duty in abroad and am going to offer you 450 GBP bcos i have promised him that the item will be send before tomorrow,so kindly help me out of this,if you don't have an paypal account kindly go to paypal.co.uk and create an account with them so that i can remit the fund to your account now,i want you to know that am going to add extra 50GBP to the amount for the postage so that you will not have problem with the postage,How i wish to view the item,but due to my job i cant make it cos am a sailor,busy sealing and presently now am in Bermuda coast in said ship,so i promise and going to make the payment fast and that only paypal our company use for any of payment since is the payment method that is fast and safe...so kindly get back to me with your paypal payment request so that i can remit the found in to your account ASAP.

Thanks

pls advice... wht is this email abt...

thanks

41 Comments

Anything that involves 'special circumstances', is without a doubt a scam.

I don't even understand what this guy is saying, the English is hard to understand.

con......had loads of these from advertising on those types of sites.
    I breed hermanns Tortoise and Im always getting this type of thing........very annoying

Its a scam, ignore and move on.

On my reading, a scam and would steer well clear myself.

too good to be true...

you answered it yourself.

Original Poster

i thought so... ok lets say... i give him or her my paypal email add... what can go wrong? just curious.

scam..

stolen credit card.

or they will send you an email that looks like its from paypal but really isn't.

yeah they will scam your account.....dont be a mug!!

Original Poster

Floravada;7952633

i needed that ... lol....

Original Poster

u see, i dont know much abt how far ppl can go just by knowing ur PP account n all tht... so all your advices are most welcome.

thanks

I'm going to add £50?

Why are you even asking? (oh, and I don't mean 'good deal')

[email protected]'s a sailor busy sealing!!

"Thanks for the fast mail.."

What does that even mean. I kind of think people who fall for these things deserve it, unless they have learning difficulties or disablities of course

How to spot scanners;
    They never write £xx always write xx GBP or pounds
    Buyer always has a weird job, it's always for someone else, never for himself.

Don't fall for it, tried hundred times but never works, I reply them with a rude message, yes I know naughty naughty lol

Original Poster

sancho1983;7952722

"Thanks for the fast mail.."What does that even mean. I kind of think … "Thanks for the fast mail.."What does that even mean. I kind of think people who fall for these things deserve it, unless they have learning difficulties or disablities of course

i recieved his email today 11 50 am and i only replied him now. u see... not every one aware of this kind of scam as you think. yes ppl do fall for this kind of thing unfortunately. pls do not simply fire your statemets.

anyway... i replied him to ask where he want to ship this phone.... and guess WHERE? NIGERIA !!! :whistling:

Floravada;7952633

If you know then I am also curious how someone can go about that with just an email address to pay into.

its a scam stay away

Original Poster

milewide;7952922

If you know then I am also curious how someone can go about that with … If you know then I am also curious how someone can go about that with just an email address to pay into.

hmmm good question.... i would like to know too...

any1 there who knows all this things?

Banned

they will pay you via paypal, then say item not received, or account hijacked, stolen credit card used etc,etc

Voted hot

JaYy_dOg;7952907

How to spot scanners;They never write £xx always write xx GBP or … How to spot scanners;They never write £xx always write xx GBP or poundsBuyer always has a weird job, it's always for someone else, never for himself.Don't fall for it, tried hundred times but never works, I reply them with a rude message, yes I know naughty naughty lol

and nigeria is usualy involved lol

if he has internet access then why can he not just buy a new one off the net?

defo scam

hdizzle;7952970

Voted hot

:w00t:

its simple go along with it thats what i do, just to see what they try and pull, what they usually do is send you an email from paypal, looks legit, but its not.

Play along, get the guys address and then say you are reporting him to their local fraud department. Get the guys email address and spam it lol

miles136;7952987

and nigeria is usualy involved lolif he has internet access then why can … and nigeria is usualy involved lolif he has internet access then why can he not just buy a new one off the net?defo scam

Also they always seem to use paypal gift.
    Best of sell it here or avf where you can actually trust people (well some people including me :p)

shybeauty;7952955

hmmm good question.... i would like to know too... any1 there who knows … hmmm good question.... i would like to know too... any1 there who knows all this things?

I think they will try the 'phishing' method, where they will send you an email that looks like from Paypal saying that you have received fund and ask you to click on a link in their email. The email will appear from Paypal, but it will take you to a fake Paypal website and ask you to log in with your accunt details.

Once you have entered your login detail, they have all they need. Your address, credit card/bank details, and if you have any fund in Paypal, I'm sure that will be emptied too.

Original Poster

EDEN188;7953024

I think they will try the 'phishing' method, where they will send you an … I think they will try the 'phishing' method, where they will send you an email that looks like from Paypal saying that you have received fund and ask you to click on a link in their email. The email will appear from Paypal, but it will take you to a fake Paypal website and ask you to log in with your accunt details.Once you have entered your login detail, they have all they need. Your address, credit card/bank details, and if you have any fund in Paypal, I'm sure that will be emptied too.

thanks... that does make sense...

Original Poster

khy86;7952994

its simple go along with it thats what i do, just to see what they try … its simple go along with it thats what i do, just to see what they try and pull, what they usually do is send you an email from paypal, looks legit, but its not.Play along, get the guys address and then say you are reporting him to their local fraud department. Get the guys email address and spam it lol

thats what i did, this is the reply i received...

Thanks for the mail,I just want you to know that am waiting for the payment request so that i can get the money remit to your account immediately...here is my friend address:

Name: Dayo Korede
    Address:N0 5,Adatan Road
    City:Abeokuta
    State:Ogun State
    Zip-Code:234039

And am presently out of UK now ...Hope to hear from you soonest.thanks

Why don't you send me your iphone for free , at least i will give you a REP.........:thumbsup:

Original Poster

jcaho7;7953150

Why don't you send me your iphone for free , at least i will give you a … Why don't you send me your iphone for free , at least i will give you a REP.........:thumbsup:

lol... ill think abt it

shybeauty;7953168

lol... ill think abt it

I'll give you rep and feedback for it :giggle:

JaYy_dOg;7953402

I'll give you rep and feedback for it :giggle:

screw that ill give you rep for life and ill even pass over my d500 :w00t:

Original Poster

khy86;7953416

screw that ill give you rep for life and ill even pass over my d500 :w00t:

this is definitely offer of the day!!!:p

Email says it all...Hes in Burmuda (triangle) and he will mysteriously disappear without a trace with your phone (or money) as soon as he gets it!!

It's quite clearly a scam. At first I thought you knew that and just wanted to entertain the misc! What I would do is create an e-mail for them to send the money to. Then they can't scam your account. Play along with them, waste their time! Have a look at 419eater.com/ for ideas!

"am a sailor,busy sealing"
    He is 'sealing' rather than sailing

And at 500 GBP am sure he can buy a 3GS for sure.

I have also received a similar email when i tried to sell N70

So its a scam

I think you ought to email back saying you like sailors so you have sent the phone out today to the address provided! lol

Don't even need to know if its a scam or not if your asking on here it definetly will be followed by the usual faces.

Banned

metalking;7955598

"am a sailor,busy sealing"He is 'sealing' rather than sailing

I think he just missed out a t and meant to say 'busy stealing'
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2991054
      2. What is there free to do in your town?1016
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33180
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846324

See more discussions