Groups

Is this fraud?

I recently purchased a hdd of asda direct and had it delivered to my local store, however, it is no longer needed!
    I can return it and get a full refund, however another local store sells the hdd for £10 more, and if I return it fully sealed without a reciept I can get the money i paid + £10 more on a gift card..
    However obviously I don't want to do this if it's fraud, so there's my question
    Cheers
    Jack

17 Comments

Banned

either way they still make money

Is it really worth it for a tenner?

Hang on, just re-read it. Is it another Asda store? If so, then it's not fraud, you are returning it to the same retailer. And if it's not out of your way, then why not get an extra £10?
    Although you will need your receipt which will have the price you paid on it.

And another edit - if you return it without a receipt then you will get a gift card for the whole amount, and do you really want to spend all that money in Asda?

Strange that they sell it for more, are you sure its not just marked up as more but scans at same price?

Yes, its fraud. Plain and simple...lol but good luck!

You want to return it to a store you never even bought one from?

Buy from A return to B?

Original Poster

Basically, it was £10 cheaper on the internet!

How can you return it without a receipt? They would want proof it was bought from them, no?

Original Poster

shibi din;8166144

How can you return it without a receipt? They would want proof it was … How can you return it without a receipt? They would want proof it was bought from them, no?

Nope, they said as long as the item's fully sealed they can put the refund on a gift card :whistling:

shibi din;8166144

How can you return it without a receipt? They would want proof it was … How can you return it without a receipt? They would want proof it was bought from them, no?

nope-not at asda-without a receipt they will refund the price it is CURRENTLY on their system,so if you bought at a higher price and its now reduced you lose out. They may not offer a cash refund without a receipt tho-may only offer vouchers,but they will take it back-company policy.

Supermod

Of course it is fraud. You are obtaining something by deception. You are entitled to a refund (original price paid) or a replacement.

Original Poster

Right okay :-(
    Seems silly that companies allow this to happen.. !

barky;8166180

nope-not at asda-without a receipt they will refund the price it is … nope-not at asda-without a receipt they will refund the price it is CURRENTLY on their system,so if you bought at a higher price and its now reduced you lose out. They may not offer a cash refund without a receipt tho-may only offer vouchers,but they will take it back-company policy.

Do you work for ASDA? Anyway, they have changed their policy now and will not accept any returns without proof of purchase... Well they do this at the one I work at anyway. :thumbsup:

krazie2004;8166912

Do you work for ASDA? Anyway, they have changed their policy now and will … Do you work for ASDA? Anyway, they have changed their policy now and will not accept any returns without proof of purchase... Well they do this at the one I work at anyway. :thumbsup:

only policy change to that effect that I have seen relates to dvds-every thing else is as it always was.as explained to the op when he called his store

magicjay1986;8166184

Of course it is fraud. You are obtaining something by deception. You are … Of course it is fraud. You are obtaining something by deception. You are entitled to a refund (original price paid) or a replacement.

Not entitled to a refund unless its faulty otherwise it store policy

But yeah OP its fraud - weird though

Original Poster

It's store policy at ASDA yeah, however some may accept a return dependant on the manager, most asda living stores do I think
    Jack

Well in that case I've commited fraud hundreds of times. Not such the good girl I thought I was then:roll:

Original Poster

hannah19790;8167282

Well in that case I've commited fraud hundreds of times. Not such the … Well in that case I've commited fraud hundreds of times. Not such the good girl I thought I was then:roll:

Lmao why, what've you done
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.57
      2. love affairs2064
      3. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....810
      4. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News1012

See more discussions