Groups

Is This Illegal?

Bought a pair of curtains for around £60 (Not me, but my mam)

Picked it up and paid in cash and briefly looked over the curtains and left and went back home...

Got home and realised that the curtains had strips and sploges of WHITE PAINT on them...

Rang the woman who we bought them from and she said she 'couldn't hear us' and that it were breaking up and then disconnected the phone call. Rang back immediatly and couldn't get through..

So we went back to the house and stood on the doorstep ringing the doorbell for about 10 minutes so the dog could bark. But to no avail. Went round the corner of the house and turned the car lights off and then saw her closing her bedroom curtains. So she was in the house. Left a mesage on her phone saying that we knew she was there and leaving negative feedback and that has been done...

So is it illegal for her to keep our money, despite us having the curtains?

RESULT! See post
    - frollickingfrill

140 Comments

If this is ebay, why don't you sort it out with them?

Original Poster

moob;7685802

If this is ebay, why don't you sort it out with them?

quite hard when not answering phone or door.... :roll:

if it said no returns on the advert then yes she can keep your money

borolad94;7685820

quite hard when not answering phone or door.... :roll:

Did you 'inspect' before you handed over the cash?! (Guessing not...)

This is what paypal is for

you looked at them and handed over your cash - so it's tough.

lesson to learn there

Original Poster

gal2792t;7685874

Did you 'inspect' before you handed over the cash?! (Guessing not...)

Yes, only looked at the curtains and the tie backs, the paint is on the palmets...

Original Poster

moob;7685868

Yeah, but you don't have to negotiate with her in person, simply report … Yeah, but you don't have to negotiate with her in person, simply report via ebay?

Will be reporting to Ebay, but that won't get our money back....

Just fight fire with fire.

Let tyres down on her car or dog poo through her letterbox.

I know its childish but it gives you a temporary feeling of justice.

Original Poster

madinternetuser;7685841

if it said no returns on the advert then yes she can keep your money

It does say No Returns :-(

Original Poster

stevey_p7;7685911

Just fight fire with fire. Let tyres down on her car or dog poo through … Just fight fire with fire. Let tyres down on her car or dog poo through her letterbox.I know its childish but it gives you a temporary feeling of justice.

:viking: Not doing anything illegal, well, we'll try too... but we have her phone number :viking:

what is the e-bay item number so we can all email abuse on your behalf

intimidation is your only hope now.

borolad94;7685913

It does say No Returns :-(

item not as described i would make a dispute

Original Poster

DAMNOME;7685934

what is the e-bay item number so we can all email abuse on your … what is the e-bay item number so we can all email abuse on your behalfintimidation is your only hope now.

:giggle: thanks but no thanks :thumbsup:

don't ask people on a forum, ask someone who knows what they are talking about.

Surely if you've paid in cash then you're screwed, you can't raise a paypal dispute and I'm sure there is an Ebay rule that says you have to pay through the site.

silent;7685992

don't ask people on a forum, ask someone who knows what they are talking … don't ask people on a forum, ask someone who knows what they are talking about.

yeah - phone the Police and report

they have specially trained dogs for this sort of thing!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tM3UyYWA0Tg/Sa14x6uijqI/AAAAAAAAAIM/uoNcixvA7BM/s400/dulux+dog.JPG

wulshaz;7685943

^----- worth a try, she'll only say you checked them before you took them though. Name and shame so we can all avoid her.

Just go round and tell them to cut the **** and give your money back. Be nice but firm.

Id say learn from your mistakes and move on. not alot you can do except neg her.

use scare tactics say you are going to the police if she doesn't refund you put it in writing and post it through the door, see what happens and say you will go to the local paper she might give in and give you your cash back

surely something can be done using item not as described as a point, if she hasnt put that theres paint on them in the listing then they are not as described!

shedboy66;7686071

use scare tactics say you are going to the police if she doesn't refund … use scare tactics say you are going to the police if she doesn't refund you put it in writing and post it through the door, see what happens and say you will go to the local paper she might give in and give you your cash back

She will just say they were perfect when they left her...

Supermod

How much did you pay for the curtains? I am not being nosy, I will explain if the price warrants it...

Edit: Just seen price.

You will need to figure out which law applies. As this is eBay I do not want to waste my time trawling through the site.

If I was you, and it might seem stupid, I would send her a "14 day letter" saying that you will be putting in a small claim. It is £25 but I feel that you were definitely misled. Make sure that you check eBay T&Cs.

Go round and do a massive turd on her front lawn

magicjay1986;7686089

How much did you pay for the curtains? I am not being nosy, I will … How much did you pay for the curtains? I am not being nosy, I will explain if the price warrants it...

Says 60 notes

magicjay1986;7686089

How much did you pay for the curtains? I am not being nosy, I will … How much did you pay for the curtains? I am not being nosy, I will explain if the price warrants it...Edit: Just seen price.

first line of the thread....

Bought a pair of curtains for around £60 (Not me, but my mam)

Banned

magicjay1986;7686089

How much did you pay for the curtains? I am not being nosy, I will … How much did you pay for the curtains? I am not being nosy, I will explain if the price warrants it...

You maaaad? Id says so in the OP.

Edit: Just seen the edit!

Lulu'sMammy;7686096

WTF??:oops::oops:

Original Poster

magicjay1986;7686089

It says in the OP....

Mum has decided to go on a mish ('mission' for you older generation) she is going to spenf the next few months sorting them out whilst also changing the colour of them so parts of the have been ripped apart now (I don't know why, no idea what she is doing) so she wont get her curtains back anyway....

Lulu'sMammy;7686096

Then start shotting it up at the windows.....make sure you had sweetcorn night b4 and take some gloves

get a builder to build a wall covering her front door

Why didn't you inspect them fully? You wouldn't do it with a car. I know its dishonest of the person, but they fully expected you not to if you would looked things may have been different.

Lulu'sMammy;7686129

Then start shotting it up at the windows.....make sure you had sweetcorn … Then start shotting it up at the windows.....make sure you had sweetcorn night b4 and take some gloves

Haha nice idea. Sweetcorn and a Beef Madras should do the trick.

[QUOTE=DAMNOME;7686027]yeah - phone the Police and report

they have specially trained dogs for this sort of thing![QUOTE=DAMNOME;7686027]

+1

kill her cat

scoff;7686163

kill her cat

Why resort to animal cruelty? There's just no need!

wulshaz;7685943

How are they described. Immac cond. etc
    Obviously the paint wasn't mentioned.
    Would report and file a dispute.
    In the meantime take her plants out of the garden, or put paint over her front door..lol:whistling:

scoff;7686163

kill her cat

they have a dog :whistling:

http://www.gifflix.com/files/f75ffa5be2e7.gif

tatemze;7686176

they have a dog :whistling:

yeah - a Dulux dog
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions