Expired

Is This Job Offer A Scam ?

Found 13th Aug 2015
Hi, I have been looking for new opportunity for a while so I came across a vacancy in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. I applied for it online & submitted all the necessary documentation as per of the procedure.

Now my application has been successful but the recruitment agency "Anzara Resources SDN BHD" is asking me to pay $950.50 to process my visa & other paperwork.

Does this sounds legitimate for Malaysia ?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
31 Comments

you really have to ask? oO

Pay it. It's legit oO

Yeh it's fine I need £450 because I told you it's fine. Cash I the post will be fine.

I can process your visa and other paperwork for $900... Savings of over fifty bucks! No brainer really.

fraud-news.com/sho…Bhd

And that's $850 you owe me
Edited by: "Fluffykins" 13th Aug 2015

...and im guessing you've sent them a photocopy of your passport...?
And provided bank account info if its a job application...?

Big whoops...

Original Poster

I did some research online but I am not getting any information on this company whatsoever. There is no way I am going to pay them $950.50.

It all seemed all legitimate as they sent me application forms, I spoke to them several times, sent some documents over via email but I am feeling a bit scared right now.

jamilayz

I did some research online but I am not getting any information on this … I did some research online but I am not getting any information on this company whatsoever. There is no way I am going to pay them $950.50.It all seemed all legitimate as they sent me application forms, I spoke to them several times, sent some documents over via email but I am feeling a bit scared right now.

why a bit scared? its a scam so go and have some beers with the £600 we just saved you and ignore them from now on

Original Poster

I have just sent them my CV, Covering Letter, Certificates i.e School & Uni & Recent Payslip.

I haven't sent them my passport copy.

They have even contacted my referees, so it seemed all genuine but this upfront payment is leading to a SCAM.

You do know that company is the same one involved in allowing Steven Spielberg shooting that poor animal on a hunting trip in Malaysia.

liveleak.com/vie…604
Edited by: "philphil61" 13th Aug 2015

Original Poster

I have sent them an email stating that I am refusing to pay upfront as usually all employers abroad arrange Visa, temporary accommodation, etc....

I'd pay them for pure bants

So you've sent them past payslips? Which I assume have your name, address, tax code, national insurance number and bank details?

Original Poster

Just one payslip which contains my name, tax code & NI number only.

I can't believe that I fell for this. So angry at myself....

Shame we can't vote hot on a scam

Original Poster

Their Response:-

It is a fact that all payments in respect of visa/work permit processing fees are the burden of the employer. We are saddled with the responsibility of procuring all these documents as explained in the previously sent attached document. Upon procurement of visa/work permit and subsequent resumption of work, in addition to payment for our services, our client also make a refund of all payments made by us for the procurement of visa/work permit and air ticket. But whereby the employee does not resume, refunds and payments are not made back to us.

We made this rule and not your would be employer. This is to prevent further loses. Our client usually pays for the procurement of spouse visas for employees after confirmation of appointment. But whereby an employee decides not to wait but decides to bring his/her spouse along, the cost burden of USD$450.00 becomes the responsibility of the employee. The amount is however refundable after confirmation of appointment.

Without the payment and procurement of these documents from the Malaysia Immigration and the Ministry for Human Resources, the visa/work permit will not be procured. That is why the payment is not to be made upon arrival by employees

You will be provided with accommodation, and transport

Im not falling for their badly worded sob story. If they were so concerned they could make you sign a legally binding contract that promises to reimburse them if you decide to pull out of the deal.
Still screaming Scam to me.

Original Poster

I really appreciate everyone's input.

Thank You All.

Looks like one

Definitley a scam. Double check you hve not sent any documents they can use to get money out of you.

Original Poster

I have just sent them my CV, Covering Letter, Certificates i.e School & Uni & Recent Payslip.

Use your mums credit card, just to be safe.

Just try replying and saying you already have a visa and permit to work and see what they say to that. If they say oh that's ok then we don't need the money. Then just get a visa etc yourself.

barrel24

Just try replying and saying you already have a visa and permit to work … Just try replying and saying you already have a visa and permit to work and see what they say to that. If they say oh that's ok then we don't need the money. Then just get a visa etc yourself.

​agreed.
worth a punt.

if you are that good and they want to employ you all the way from the UK .....they will pay for your flight ,let alone visa and permit !!.
SCAM to me .....:{

I worked in KL before and as jcaho7 mentioned there, they usually pay for your work permit, flight ticket, and sometimes relocation fee as they want to employ you. Anything starting with paying money for getting your work permit is definitely a scam.

Original Poster

Sent them an email stating that I don't require a Visa & they replied immediately.

Their Response:

Your mail is noted and I have also forwarded it to my Director of Personnel for an update.

HI Guys,
I just got the same e-mail from the Anzara Resources to pay for the Visa/Immigration etc.

LukeImang

HI Guys,I just got the same e-mail from the Anzara Resources to pay for … HI Guys,I just got the same e-mail from the Anzara Resources to pay for the Visa/Immigration etc.

This thread is 4 months old

LukeImang

HI Guys,I just got the same e-mail from the Anzara Resources to pay for … HI Guys,I just got the same e-mail from the Anzara Resources to pay for the Visa/Immigration etc.

Congratulations, you have just won the internet.

Original Poster

Scam
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions