Found 25th Feb 2009
I've seen a cheap used laptop on Cheapcycle that I might buy. Its a toshiba 460cdt satellite pro running windows me it has a network card fitted and i have a ethernet card aswell, cd player, good condition with charger, battery may need replacing a it doesn,t hold up for long £35.00 o.n.o
Any good? I only want to surf internet whilst in lounge to save my hubby moaning I'm in the office again!

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
4 Comments

That's a very old laptop. It could have an original Pentium processor from around 1995ish in it. If it's that old, it's likely to be painfully slow by modern standards.

On the plus side, you can still get batteries for them at around £40 which suggests that old Toshibas are longlasting. For £35 though, you really can't go all that far wrong - though you might pick an equally good laptop up at the right council tip!

cheapcycle??

Original Poster

Like freecycle but not free! if you get my meaning:)
Wondering if it would be so slow I'd get mad at it

lostscot;4489205

Like freecycle but not free! if you get my meaning:)Wondering if it would … Like freecycle but not free! if you get my meaning:)Wondering if it would be so slow I'd get mad at it

I had an old pentium 2 laptop with 128mb ram and for browsing the net it was sound, running xp at that too!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244939
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    3. Add one, leave one game54415485
    4. A1 Travel no longer trading!33

See more discussions