Groups

is this laptop any good for the price

looking to upgrade still using a Sony with intelcore 2 duo 2gb 32 bit on vista and a external hard drive. ....starting to run very slow now wondering if this one is any good

8 Comments

Link?

try ebay, you can get a quad core i5 with 1tb and 8 gb with a good dedicated graphics for same price.

nath_hunt3

try ebay, you can get a quad core i5 with 1tb and 8 gb with a good … try ebay, you can get a quad core i5 with 1tb and 8 gb with a good dedicated graphics for same price.

not for £300 mate

OP you should note what you're looking for, any sort of laptop will give you a noticeable difference from your current laptop.Taking a quick look i would recommend this lenovo yoga 510 . Full HD screen, i3-6100U and 128SSD for £50 more, smaller memory and ram but much better screen and in general should be much faster. Games will be poor in general at this price range. There will probably be better deals posted this month but these are the key things you want to look for.
    edit: i've just noticed this lenovo was posted a week ago with a lot of heat so you might want to check that thread
    Edited by: "fubob11" 2nd Jan

Original Poster

fubob11

OP you should note what you're looking for, any sort of laptop will give … OP you should note what you're looking for, any sort of laptop will give you a noticeable difference from your current laptop.Taking a quick look i would recommend this lenovo yoga 510 . Full HD screen, i3-6100U and 128SSD for £50 more, smaller memory and ram but much better screen and in general should be much faster. Games will be poor in general at this price range. There will probably be better deals posted this month but these are the key things you want to look for.edit: i've just noticed this lenovo was posted a week ago with a lot of heat so you might want to check that thread

​thank you will have look

Original Poster

fubob11

OP you should note what you're looking for, any sort of laptop will give … OP you should note what you're looking for, any sort of laptop will give you a noticeable difference from your current laptop.Taking a quick look i would recommend this lenovo yoga 510 . Full HD screen, i3-6100U and 128SSD for £50 more, smaller memory and ram but much better screen and in general should be much faster. Games will be poor in general at this price range. There will probably be better deals posted this month but these are the key things you want to look for.edit: i've just noticed this lenovo was posted a week ago with a lot of heat so you might want to check that thread

​Wow just had a look it's a 2 in 1 like the look of that laptop and tablet in one. ..easy pleased me lol thank you for replying fubob11

fubob11

not for £300 mate

You probably can tbh.

If you're not bothered about dedicated graphics you can definitely get a decent i5 for £150-200. I managed to get an i5 5300 for £200. Look for sellers getting rid of old business laptops.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553780
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047092
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7071341
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?715

See more discussions