Groups

Is This Mobile Any Good?

My SU6 is packing up and need a new phone. Problem is I'm skint.
    Is this mobile any good and would it be any better/worse than the SU6?
    Link in 1st comment.
    Thanks.

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

23 Comments

doesn't look too bad a price for a sim free phone

Specs seem good for the price

Dunno about decent or not, but a fiver cheaper via laptopsdirect if you can wait on their cheapest delivery method.

Could u not stretch another 40 and go for p9 lite or Moto g4

iibdii

Could u not stretch another 40 and go for p9 lite or Moto g4

Not the Moto G4. At least, not direct from Motorola.

Smaller screen, worse battery, worse processor, same ram, and ROM, I'd say it's a slight step back from the su6 but it's ok for the price. I had and Umi super for a day last week, it seemed very well made and was super fast but I sent it back after suspecting it had a dodgy ROM installed.

camera is only 8 mp but can only be better than the SU 6 which wasn't great

AndyRoyd

Dunno about decent or not, but a fiver cheaper via laptopsdirect if you … Dunno about decent or not, but a fiver cheaper via laptopsdirect if you can wait on their cheapest delivery method.

I think the delivery time would be the same as they're coming from the same place.

If you aren't a real big user of apps and camera then yes. It's a little light on storage with 16gig but the 2 gig of ram is bare minimum to run smoothly, that's a plus. Camera won't be great but daylight snaps or close up with flash will be ok. If your skint and can't stump up £30 more with a 2 week wait for a redmi note 3 Kate then it's ok I guess. Go for it

Original Poster

Thanks for your replies.
    The only prob I'm gonna have if I buy this is the change from nano sim to a micro sim. Gonna have to see if TalkTalk will charge me to send one out.

chimp14uk

Thanks for your replies.The only prob I'm gonna have if I buy this is the … Thanks for your replies.The only prob I'm gonna have if I buy this is the change from nano sim to a micro sim. Gonna have to see if TalkTalk will charge me to send one out.

TalkTalk should not charge for the SIM swap. The details are here: help2.talktalk.co.uk/tal…wap

SIM size!.......use a simple adapter (pennies on ebay) to convert to micro sim
    Edited by: "cullies" 9th Jan

Original Poster

natah

TalkTalk should not charge for the SIM swap. The details are here: … TalkTalk should not charge for the SIM swap. The details are here: https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk-mobile-sim-swap

Quite right. Just confirmed it on livechat.

Original Poster

cullies

SIM size!.......use a simple adapter (pennies on ebay) to convert to … SIM size!.......use a simple adapter (pennies on ebay) to convert to micro sim

Tried one before, but it wouldn't work.

P9 lite is not £120

This phone looks amazing for the price

AndyRoyd

Dunno about decent or not, but a fiver cheaper via laptopsdirect if you … Dunno about decent or not, but a fiver cheaper via laptopsdirect if you can wait on their cheapest delivery method.

noelphobic

I think the delivery time would be the same as they're coming from the … I think the delivery time would be the same as they're coming from the same place.

As DP won't sell you the phone for £5 less than OP, no delivery is somewhat longer than LDs cheapest delivery method.

kcspurs

P9 lite is not £120

​159 for p9 lite plus beats headphones plus 10 Ee credit and free unlock
    Sell ur headphones for 40 which is 20 less than what they selling for on amazon n u left with unlocked phone n credit for 120

Much better phone and very popular on HUKD is the Xiaomi Note 3 Global
    Or they have Xiaomi 3S Global for around £85, both excellent phones

AndyRoyd

noelphobic

I think the delivery time would be the same as they're coming from the … I think the delivery time would be the same as they're coming from the same place.

I had a look on both websites and they were both quoting the same earliest delivery date. Or was it more than £4.95 if you wanted next day delivery with Laptops Direct? I didn't really look into that when I ordered from them as the phone I wanted wasn't in stock so I had to wait a week or two anyway. I did like that you could nominate a delivery date at no extra cost.

noelphobic

I had a look on both websites and they were both quoting the same … I had a look on both websites and they were both quoting the same earliest delivery date. Or was it more than £4.95 if you wanted next day delivery with Laptops Direct? I didn't really look into that when I ordered from them as the phone I wanted wasn't in stock so I had to wait a week or two anyway. I did like that you could nominate a delivery date at no extra cost.

laptopsdirect.co.uk/con…ery

I see what you mean now - although I only paid £4.95 and it allowed me to nominate a day, albeit not the next day.

chimp14uk

My SU6 is packing up and need a new phone. Problem is I'm skint.Is this … My SU6 is packing up and need a new phone. Problem is I'm skint.Is this mobile any good and would it be any better/worse than the SU6?

You could consider replacing like with (non-busted) like for £9 less than Debs cost, with benefit of familiarity & spare used battery etc:
    groupon.co.uk/dea…set
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. House buyer survey?22
      2. Car MOT33
      3. best place for fishing tackle?33
      4. Xiaomi redmi note 4 global version.12

See more discussions