Groups

Is this NETBOOK a good deal????

Thinking of getting this netbook for my OH for xmas. Will be using XP on it as he will mainly use it for online poker software (PKR).

Is this the cheapest netbook out there which is xp compatible and is it a good deal?!

hotukdeals.com/ite…6-7

Any help appreciated :-)

11 Comments

Good netbook but it was released a year ago, should be cheaper - better value for money buying another netbook imho.

Original Poster

abomination;3684412

Good netbook but it was released a year ago, should be cheaper - better … Good netbook but it was released a year ago, should be cheaper - better value for money buying another netbook imho.

Can you suggest another netbook that is better value for money?

I've just realised this netbook is now out of stock (again!)

What's your budget?

Does it have to come with Windows or would you be comfortable installing that later?

try tesco i got a better deal with a 8.9 will try and send the link but it is a bit late!!!

this is it, have a go i got it for 144 then take off quidco so still a good deal!

Banned

That Acer One A110 8gb is a nice little notebook that is definitely XP compatible.

If you plan on using XP you will need to install it via a USB stick, unless you have an external cd drive. You'll also need the drivers from the acer website too.

Hope it helps

Just checked and it will need XP installed for playing on pkr.com

Original Poster

abomination;3684540

What's your budget?Does it have to come with Windows or would you be … What's your budget?Does it have to come with Windows or would you be comfortable installing that later?

I don't want to spend more than £150. Yes I intend on installing XP when I get it - my brother is capable of doing that.

Original Poster

wulshaz;3684576

this is it, have a go i got it for 144 then take off quidco so still a … this is it, have a go i got it for 144 then take off quidco so still a good deal!

Thanx, how did you get it for 144? did you use some vouchers?

emasu;3684595

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/735584Isn't bad.Atom/512MB/XP … http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/735584Isn't bad.Atom/512MB/XP Home/80GB

ooh dont like that
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846240
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News67
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764385
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?33196

See more discussions