Groups

Is this no longer a happy forum?

Lately there has been a lot of interesting posts on here which turn into racist arguments- ie. Someone asking how to learn to speak Arabic and a 'Gypsy wedding'.
    Why does it have to turn out into racist threads instead of good old banter?
    I despise racism and am sure 99.9% do too, I love a good old row but not when it concerns creed or colour.
    no doubt this will be spammed before anyone can comment

161 Comments

i totally agree, there is no reason for ayone to post anything that might offend anyone

what about assasins creed?

http://i36.tinypic.com/23vgq6x.jpg[/IMG]

hear hear.

I agree with you as well skusey.
    'Lets have a heated debate'. I'll be Mrs Merton and you can be Jonathan Ross..

JOKE.

I'm too cold anyway, I need some heated slippers.

Original Poster

acecatcher3;3333129

I thought that was a PS3 game?

Unfortunately some people post to raise a reaction and view that as entertainment in their sad little world

skusey;3333148

I thought that was a PS3 game?

nevermind was an awful joke! the person who said the racist thing was suspended anyway, i think more love threads should b made, or maybe just acecatcher3 threads where everyone shows that they understand hw great i am

(get on it skusey)

Original Poster

chesso;3333144

I agree with you as well skusey. 'Lets have a heated debate'. I'll be Mrs … I agree with you as well skusey. 'Lets have a heated debate'. I'll be Mrs Merton and you can be Jonathan Ross..JOKE. I'm too cold anyway, I need some heated slippers.

I will be Debbie Mcgee- Tell me Debbie, what first attracted you to millionnaire Paul Daniels, I loved that interview:thumbsup:

I agree wholeheartedly. OP's of such threads should also be held accountable imo if it seems clear that the threads are inviting trouble. Posting a 'racial' thread and then walking away, is, at the very least, suspect.

acecatcher3;3333129

Just completed it.

Truly awesome game, had held off due to the shouts of "AVERAGE", but I think it was just the youngsters who couldn't grasp the concept of a game actually having a story...

the modern day bits were awful

Original Poster

grex9101;3333168

Just completed it.Truly awesome game, had held off due to the shouts of … Just completed it.Truly awesome game, had held off due to the shouts of "AVERAGE", but I think it was just the youngsters who couldn't grasp the concept of a game actually having a story...

Cluffy321;3333175

try to stay on the topic please as I am interested in your views, sod the bloody game:whistling:

Cluffy321;3333175

i like the blond bird tho (the one out of heroes)

Yeah, no need whatsoever! Bring on the love!

I'm doing my bit for world peace and date every creed, colour and religious persuasion :thumbsup:

Can't abide bigots.....it just stems from ignorance.

I don't date machinery though.......thats just casual :w00t:

skusey;3333165

I will be Debbie Mcgee- Tell me Debbie, what first attracted you to … I will be Debbie Mcgee- Tell me Debbie, what first attracted you to millionnaire Paul Daniels, I loved that interview:thumbsup:

That's the one:thumbsup:
    I was too cold to remembr her name and it seemed too lame to write 'Paul Daniels' wife.'
    It makes me laugh here and now. Brilliant.:giggle:

racism is somthing that will never go away no matter what happens...i spoke to one member on here who openly admited to being racisit for no other reason than they jst didnt like their skin colour..( have the proof incase said member starts )
    but it really is just imature and petty especially by older members age wise i mean

you may have different views but their is certain ways of putting them across and in a racisit manner isnt one of them

Liddle ol' me;3333167

I agree wholeheartedly. OP's of such threads should also be held … I agree wholeheartedly. OP's of such threads should also be held accountable imo if it seems clear that the threads are inviting trouble. Posting a 'racial' thread and then walking away, is, at the very least, suspect.

Not always hun, the request to learn Spanish a few weeks back didn't attract racist comments so why should this current one :?

acecatcher3;3333129

lol i got it

skusey;3333181

try to stay on the topic please as I am interested in your views, sod the … try to stay on the topic please as I am interested in your views, sod the bloody game:whistling:

i hope my comments on the wedding post didnt offend anyone, i am not a racist person i just object to people not paying their way and being a drain on local councils once they move on.

tbh although i think racism is definitely wrong, in the said "gypsy" thread i dont think anyone was offended, and i really enjoy the debate

choc1969;3333202

Not always hun, the request to learn Spanish a few weeks back didn't … Not always hun, the request to learn Spanish a few weeks back didn't attract racist comments so why should this current one :?

Yep, point taken. Not always - of course. But sometimes. And it's the sometimes we need to look out for. :thumbsup:

ppl always posting threads like "is this not a happy forum?"

they need to realise this is a deals website, why are u so bothered, go to an actual chat forum if u dont like hotukdeals misc section, it makes up under 10% of the site.

ill use u for instance skusey

u dont like bg1...everyone knows that..yet ull post in all of his threads (because u think hes a troll) something like....

"ur a troll, u just want attention"

now if bg writes something and u quote him and reply, what do u think ur doing there?!.......ur giving him attention arent u...so u believe that someone is posting negatively just to grab peoples attention and that they would stop if ppl ignored him.....yet ur doing the opposite of that lool.

Its really not hard to put someone on ignore, so put bg on ignore, ur recent posts have been accusing bg1 of being a troll, i think everyone knows that bg1 posts the way he does to get a reaction but what ur doing everytime is "trolling on the trolls" which is just as much of a bannable offense as it is to constantly troll on this forum.....

i seriously think u shud stick bg1 on ur ignore list, maybe lom and thesaint if they annoy u also (even me if this post annoys u) its just the internet, why dont u just take a step bk and realise how worked up ur gettin over something that really shudnt mean anything to ur life.

*completely missed all of the drama ...

Cluffy321;3333239

tbh although i think racism is definitely wrong, in the said "gypsy" … tbh although i think racism is definitely wrong, in the said "gypsy" thread i dont think anyone was offended, and i really enjoy the debate

maybe you missed the post where someone called a whole race of people "scum"??

ding;3333204

i hope my comments on the wedding post didnt offend anyone, i am not a … i hope my comments on the wedding post didnt offend anyone, i am not a racist person i just object to people not paying their way and being a drain on local councils once they move on.

Cluffy321;3333239

tbh although i think racism is definitely wrong, in the said "gypsy" … tbh although i think racism is definitely wrong, in the said "gypsy" thread i dont think anyone was offended, and i really enjoy the debate

There are distinctions between certain caravan dwellers that we need to take into account.......so certain remarks can be thought of as being racist.

I'm not a big fan of non tax payers who live beyond the law but we should remember not to generalise

acecatcher3;3333245

i seriously think u shud stick bg1 on ur ignore list, maybe lom and … i seriously think u shud stick bg1 on ur ignore list, maybe lom and thesaint if they annoy u also .

:-(

didnt miss the post, i reported the post, however i dont think anyone on here was offended because it was directed at them, they just found there behaviour offensive

also since when have gypsies been a race?

I feel I had better say something as it appears my post earlier is connected to this. It really is quite pathetic that asking for info on learning a new language can cause such an outcry. I agree with the OP that racism should not be tolerated anywhere and not just on here. Just to clarify for some, I was not dropping the post just to incite a reaction from people. There is a genuine interest in learning a wonderful new language.

Cluffy321;3333270

didnt miss the post, i reported the post, however i dont think anyone on … didnt miss the post, i reported the post, however i dont think anyone on here was offended because it was directed at them, they just found there behaviour offensivealso since when have gypsies been a race?

but we can be offended on behalf of others because we have empathy, and because we vehemently oppose such intolerant views of any group of people

I hate gypsys.

Since gypsys are not a race I am not being racist.

Liddle ol' me;3333265

:-(

sorry im only sayin if he finds u irritating, i think it would be better for everyone that way arguments wudnt start, i dont mean to b looking like im going round telling ppl who to put on an ignore list but in this case i think it wud b best :thumbsup:

wilbur7;3333280

I feel I had better say something as it appears my post earlier is … I feel I had better say something as it appears my post earlier is connected to this. It really is quite pathetic that asking for info on learning a new language can cause such an outcry. I agree with the OP that racism should not be tolerated anywhere and not just on here. Just to clarify for some, I was not dropping the post just to incite a reaction from people. There is a genuine interest in learning a wonderful new language.

And btw I'd also like to make clear that I haven't even viewed your thread so not sure why it was even mentioned. Thanks for the clarification though :thumbsup:

Liddle ol' me;3333281

but we can be offended on behalf of others because we have empathy, and … but we can be offended on behalf of others because we have empathy, and because we vehemently oppose such intolerant views of any group of people

thats the point im getting at, i think your to quick to judje people when it might not be as bad as you think it is

acecatcher3;3333290

sorry im only sayin if she finds u irritating, i think it would be better … sorry im only sayin if she finds u irritating, i think it would be better for everyone that way arguments wudnt start, i dont mean to b looking like im going round telling ppl who to put on an ignore list but in this case i think it wud b best :thumbsup:

No, I know It was more aimed at the person you were suggesting to do it, who I hope won't. I only put really offensive people on my ignore list, and I hope I'm not an offensive person to most people. erm... :thinking:

Cluffy321;3333301

thats the point im getting at, i think your to quick to judje people when … thats the point im getting at, i think your to quick to judje people when it might not be as bad as you think it is

when it comes to racism or potential racism then yes, I am quick to judge. agreed it's not always the best policy tho :oops:

The JFK;3333283

I hate gypsys.Since gypsys are not a race I am not being racist.

Know them all do you :? ?

Hate is a strong word.......saddens me that you hate a whole community :-(

is that it, i wanted to debate some more
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2869
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1223
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7181352
      4. Spotify Family Premium share719

See more discussions