Groups

is this odd? i dont give christmas presents

family - basically they have everything they want including me, my parents are very basic and electronics, jewellery, clothes etc dont really interest them

friends - i dont bother giving them anything as they dont bother actually get me anything
    good logic no?

when someone asks me what i want for xmas i cant actually think of anything

lol major savings for xmas

21 Comments

Banned

Yes, it's probably odd.

Money saving - yes.
    Fun - no.

Original Poster

BabySmurfette;7045260

Money saving - yes.Fun - no.

ur right it is actually a little borin!

in your situation id be the same (apart from partner-gotta buy her some undies at least!), but i have kids, and you cant do xmas with kids without presents. lil bleeders.

Banned

Do you believe in God?

If no then why celebrate christmas?

toshapetriji;7045384

Do you believe in God?If no then why celebrate christmas?

what about believing in father christmas?

to be honest maybe its me getting older and wiser haha

but although i do give out presents all my family work and can afford to buy whatever they want within their own means- to me I enjoy the one day of the year where all the family can sit around the table and be nice to each other and enjoy a nice meal i couldn':t give two hoots about the presents although i am grateful for anything i get

:thumbsup:

you cant think of anything you want? you are a marketers worse nightmare, good for you though if you are happy,,,,

toshapetriji;7045384

Nope, but for a good, fun festival.

Each to their own, if you're happy, why worry xxxx

Im sure you're parents would be over the moon for to hear you describing them as 'basic'

iNSOMANiAC;7045564

Im sure you're parents would be over the moon for to hear you describing … Im sure you're parents would be over the moon for to hear you describing them as 'basic'

If my kids described me as "basic" I'd be bloomin relieved :lol:

everytime someone asks me what i want for christmas i have been saying After Eight Mints, Dont know why i don't even like the bloomin things....lol

Original Poster

junkenstein73;7045633

everytime someone asks me what i want for christmas i have been saying … everytime someone asks me what i want for christmas i have been saying After Eight Mints, Dont know why i don't even like the bloomin things....lol

loool good one

muffin247;7045682

loool good one

i'll be flooding the for sale section with e'm boxing day:thumbsup:

Original Poster

junkenstein73;7045736

i'll be flooding the for sale section with e'm boxing day:thumbsup:

ill take 2!

Original Poster

iNSOMANiAC;7045564

Im sure you're parents would be over the moon for to hear you describing … Im sure you're parents would be over the moon for to hear you describing them as 'basic'

they are old skool, they wouldnt care lol

muffin247;7045763

ill take 2!

Deal i'll pm you boxing day:-D:p

no not odd, x'mas is for young children only, everybody else buys what they want as and when they need it, my wife is Buddhist so no need to buy there either,

Not odd at all if you are Jewish. :-D

Banned

toshapetriji;7045384

Christmas isn't about 'god'.

It's about presents and turkey and stuffing and alcohol and ill-advised sexual encounters and recriminations and getting some good will for the next 12 months with ostentatious gifts.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions