Groups
    EXPIRED

Is this offensive to you?

Frankie Boyle has fallen out with bbc bosses after they slated him for making a "humiliating and derogatory" comment about olympian Rebbeca Adlington-he said she looked like a "reflection of herself on the back of a spoon"

The bbc policy has changed since the Jonathan ross/Andrew sachs nonsense and it seems you now cant say anything remotely bad about any individual.

So is Frankie right to be angry? is anyone here of the opinion that this is a "personal attack and slur" on Rebbeca?

political correctness run amok?

55 Comments

Context : A comedian making an attempt at humour.

As such I don't find it derogatory, unless his INTENTION was to humiliate.

Doesn't sound to me like theres any personal vendetta there?

It's all just done for more attention isn't it. Publicity.

crazy.........................think back to the days of Bernard Manning lol

Sometimes the truth hurts. :-D

soon there will be nothing funny on the bbc at all !

you cant censor frankie boyle ffs :-D good joke imo

humiliating - no. derogatory - yes very.

I think the joke is in poor taste particularly as Rebecca Adlington is an athlete - she doesn't put herself out in the public eye as being beautiful. I wouldn't make jokes about someone who dedicates themselves to making their country proud. Beeb do overreact though.

this comment is nothing compaired to what he said about baby p on a podcast

Banned

I'm sorry, but she is a bizarre looking individual.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/columnists/2009/3/25/1238015164831/Rebecca-Adlington-001.jpg

FilthAndFurry;6717300

I'm sorry, but she is a bizarre looking individual.

MOOMIN MAMMA

http://lh4.ggpht.com/__BzHdOJaQO0/RzZfqKbFJhI/AAAAAAAAANw/UYucYR7guT4/scan0102.jpg

REBECCA ADLINGTON

:thumbsup:

Banned

does she look better under water?

http://www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/images/healthandwellbeing/Rebecca_adlington.jpg

suppose this one looks okay she's covering most of her face with her hair

http://krishk.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/adlington-rebecca-350x350.jpg

but as the saying goes you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Investiture+Buckingham+Palace+UAKHJ8okn2Fl.jpg

Banned

Does the nose have some aqua-dynamic benefit?

Like Concorde maybe?

Banned

FilthAndFurry;6717388

Does the nose have some aqua-dynamic benefit?Like Concorde maybe?

No I think it's a fin for when she's doing the back stroke

http://www.gla.ac.uk/marinestation/research/bask-shark/shark_fin_450.jpg

ha this is ridiculous! Gervais slates people all the time...just watch his stand up fame to see that.

All comedians do that as its funny...nothing personal about it! Simon amstell used to rip it out of people on Buzzcocks but nothing has ever happened to him...

...or has it, as he isnt presenting it anymore.

lumoruk;6717362

does she look better under water?but as the saying goes you don't look at … does she look better under water?but as the saying goes you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/news_images/4/79511_196145_2.jpg

goon!!!!

Banned

river;6717285

this comment is nothing compaired to what he said about baby p on a … this comment is nothing compaired to what he said about baby p on a podcast

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Hehehehe... I've heard that same podcast sir - its awesome [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

The Queen thinks she's hot...........bit of womanly love about to unfold

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/02/article-1190311-052E4F4A000005DC-352_468x798.jpg

mr.potato_head;6717407

ha this is ridiculous! Gervais slates people all the time...just watch … ha this is ridiculous! Gervais slates people all the time...just watch his stand up fame to see that.All comedians do that as its funny...nothing personal about it! Simon amstell used to rip it out of people on Buzzcocks but nothing has ever happened to him......or has it, as he isnt presenting it anymore.

...He went back to the stand-up circuit.

Perhaps there is some truth in what you suggested there!

Either way... has the person Frankie Boyle allegedly been offensive to actually made a complaint?

This country is full of people taking offense at something on behalf of others.

It is the spoons I feel sorry for, for forks sake.

BFN,

fp.

Banned

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/columnists/2009/3/25/1238015164831/Rebecca-Adlington-001.jpg

no wonder she is a good swimmer she looks like a shark!:w00t:

Banned

RFC;6717488

no wonder she is a good swimmer she looks like a shark!:w00t:

slow man, slow, read post 13

i'd do her

scrumpypaul;6717567

i'd do her

That's a given.

Watch his dvd to hear what he says about the queen and phillip. Now thats funny.

Banned

bossyboots;6717211

crazy.........................think back to the days of Bernard Manning … crazy.........................think back to the days of Bernard Manning lol

R.I.P. Bernard Manning

I went to his funeral and I had a weird dream about him last night.

No sex involved, thankfully :-D

DLM;6717609

R.I.P. Bernard ManningI went to his funeral and I had a weird dream about … R.I.P. Bernard ManningI went to his funeral and I had a weird dream about him last night.No sex involved, thankfully :-D

Whew!! That woulda been weird :thumbsup:

Banned

DLM;6717609

R.I.P. Bernard ManningI went to his funeral and I had a weird dream about … R.I.P. Bernard ManningI went to his funeral and I had a weird dream about him last night.No sex involved, thankfully :-D

Story of his life:whistling:

Banned

ClarityofMind;6717619

Whew!! That woulda been weird :thumbsup:

I would be definately needing therapy then :-D

Yeah tbh shes no stunner but in the same way shes not ugly either lol. As a person Id judge her more on her achievements than her looks, I wish Id won 2 olympic gold medals at 19 :thumbsup:. Whenever I have seen her be interviewed she comes across as a nice and genuine person and surely this matters more than her looks. If it was a man he most likely wouldnt be judged on his looks so its a bit unfair she is just because of her gender.
    I bet shes more successful and richer than most girls her age who may be better looking

Banned

FilthAndFurry;6717629

Story of his life:whistling:

I just remember him being very kind and I think he was a boss of a big factory.

Reported you all..... for being so nasty to her....

All except COM....and bossyboots....

DLM;6717609

eeeeee weird!!!!!!!!!

rockyfella;6717646

Reported you all..... for being so nasty to her....All except COM....and … Reported you all..... for being so nasty to her....All except COM....and bossyboots....

Oh boy are you gonna get jumped on now.................. lol

Hello Rocky xxxx

rockyfella;6717646

Reported you all..... for being so nasty to her....All except COM....and … Reported you all..... for being so nasty to her....All except COM....and bossyboots....

You got the hump. :whistling::w00t:

ClarityofMind;6717658

Oh boy are you gonna get jumped on now.................. lolHello Rocky … Oh boy are you gonna get jumped on now.................. lolHello Rocky xxxx

LOL..Morning COM.............thanks for being the first in line........:-D

rockyfella;6717667

LOL..Morning COM.............thanks for being the first in line........:-D

i daren't jump you without permission from dmh :whistling:;-)

he's said much worse on Mock the Week, seems a little late to try and gag him now

ClarityofMind;6717692

i daren't jump you without permission from dmh :whistling:;-)

We could just keep it hush hush.........:thumbsup:

rockyfella;6717718

We could just keep it hush hush.........:thumbsup:

You'll have me in trouble again............ :lol:

Syzable;6717662

You got the hump. :whistling::w00t:

looool :-D

rockyfella;6717646

errr!! excuse me!!!

I said I'd do her didn't I?? that's hardly being nasty is it?

i must be missing something, cos i dont think shes ugly???
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …83141
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125

See more discussions