Is this phone any good or just cheap Chinese rubbish - ideal world

Found 3rd May 2016
Just flicking through tv channels and saw ideal world selling this idealworld.tv/pp/…323

Has anyone had a stk phone before? I'm presuming it's a rebadged phone of a different make but google isn't helping me.

Just looking for some opinions on this phone. Is it worth the money?
Community Updates
AskiPhonePhones
21 Comments
GOD NO! 8GB storage and 1GB are very limiting these days (unless you are Windows/iOS)
You would be much better off with something from GearBest/Banggood as they do actually provide value for money.
This phone should be £40 Max
Rubbish indeed, avoid Ideal World and shop around for a better deal.
Sstuff

Rubbish indeed, avoid Ideal World and shop around for a better deal.

but it comes with a massive 8gb storage, for all your needs

(the above was no doubt said by some idiot on ideal world)
Total bolox. Do your research if going in to a Chinese phone, after all, its an investment and even they are not cheap.
alexoakleyalexoakley

Total bolox. Do your research if going in to a Chinese phone, after all, … Total bolox. Do your research if going in to a Chinese phone, after all, its an investment and even they are not cheap.

Grammar fail overload.

But yes, once translated I agree. Very poor specifications.
I've been in the industry 25 years and never heard of them. It's over priced anyway. If you want an affordable phone with similar spec look at Pop4 trio from Alcatel. (Chinese yes, rubbish no. No4 Globally)
LadyBe

I've been in the industry 25 years and never heard of them. It's over … I've been in the industry 25 years and never heard of them. It's over priced anyway. If you want an affordable phone with similar spec look at Pop4 trio from Alcatel. (Chinese yes, rubbish no. No4 Globally)

Alcatel are further down nowadays....Huawei, Xiaomi and OPPO pushed them down to around seventh (_;)
Spottybutterfly

Just flicking through tv channels and saw ideal world selling this … Just flicking through tv channels and saw ideal world selling this http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/stk-sync-5c-dual-sim,-quadcore,-5-inch-android-lollypop-smartphone-with-8mp-camera,-case,-headset-371323Has anyone had a stk phone before? I'm presuming it's a rebadged phone of a different make but google isn't helping me.Just looking for some opinions on this phone. Is it worth the money?

i have one it is super ok smartphone,

I saw these phones and having done a little bit of research, they're a UK company trading in mobile accessories since 1993 (www.stklife.com) They actually have an alright range. I guess IdealWorld are just championing the brand. Going to order one of the 'Hero X' devices because they look great for £150!
The Settings app offers very few configuration options. Established makers like Alcatel pay much more attention to this app. For instance, in the STK, there is no menu tree option in Settings to stop it from vibrating every time you press a key on the virtual keyboard. It would save battery power if there was one
Also I still have not been able to engage the front camera...
Have to say that I purchased it this month and I find it most disappointing. The battery runs low all the time; picture quality not impressive and the performance is ever so, so slow! I've had to take my sim out to check whether its the new provider I have changed to or the phone why the performance is poor. I reverted back to my other android and guess what? It's not the provider; my old small android works so much faster with my new sim. I have my answer, the STK is, in my opinion, a poor performance phone. Wish now I had not been so quick to purchase it.
Bought. The. STK. Phone. I find it. Slow. And. The. Battery. Life. Is. Poor. And. It crashed. 24 times. In. One. Day. Gone. Back. To. My. Old. Phone. Total. Trash. Total. Was of. Money. My. Kids. Have. It. Now. Playing. With. In. There toy. Box. Best. Place. For. It.
I bought the STK transport at christmas not a bad little fine for the price the only down fall is the camera very poor but I have contacted them and their looking into it , to be fair the rest works fine I'm not going to get Samsung for 6-7 hundred pounds just to make a fine call
Rubbish had 2 EVO both crashed within 6 weeks today bought a 7 4 and bluetooth is distorted on voice calls you pay peanuts you get monkeys!
My Daughters Monqi Sync 5e phone started playing up after just 3 weeks. Absolutely atrocious customer service, please take heed and avoid at all costs. if you have any issues with your phone just bin it, you have absolutely 0% chance of getting anyone at STK to confirm how exactly you claim on there useless 3 year warranty. By far the worse company i have ever dealt with and will do everything i can to make sure others are made aware. Next stop Mumsnet and Watchdog.
Don't BOTHER wasting your time with this phone. Stk are a cheap and narsty phone not worth time and day having one. I rather have old Nokia than that cheap narsty crap..
Another old thread springs into life.
This phone is a load of rubbish don't have a long battery life and also don't hold it's charge not a lot of memory wouldn't recommend this phone to anyone
I brought this phone ,was on Ideal world it's been nightmare. Don't get all my txt , or phone calls , people don't get my txt, it turns it self off, hold it to close to your face I've managed to cut ppl off, pulse ppl when talking to them I've also been speaking to someone next minute phone will ring talking to someone else, customer care are rubbish wished I never brought it
Ive foolishly bought 2 stk phones from ideal world over tbe past couple of years, both were returned as absolutely honking phoned
I can inform you that the STK smartphones are indeed a British brand and having got one I can say yes it is not a s9 but neither is the price but if all you want is a decent inexpensive phone the STK is all you need and the more you pay the more you get.stan the man
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants