Is this pirated/illegal Microsoft Office code?

9 Comments
It is a cheap oem copy. If you read through they state that to comply with eBay terms they will happily post out a damaged/broken motherboard the oem key can be 'linked' to for a postage fee. Nearly 9000 people have bought so I think it's OK.
I would expect them to come off Microsoft's volume licensing scheme for businesses. Medium/large businesses receive access to a website where they can manage their Microsoft software licenses and generate their own Windows/Office license keys.

These keys will cease to function once the Ebay seller stops paying Microsoft for the account or after Microsoft bans them for generating/re-activating too many keys and suspects them of reselling them on Ebay/Amazon etc.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 2nd Nov 2017
If it looks too good to be true......

It will work...... for a short while
My guess is everyone is buying the same key number and the key number is linked to a school or college purchase
So he has unlimited keys
It will work but not a legitimate key ??
Microsoft have explicitly stated that the only legitimate keys for your own used as retail boxed ones, using OEM ones for a computer you don't intend to sell on is against the licence agreement::
dpcenter.microsoft.com/en/…use

There is an EU ruling that 'second hand' software can be sold but as none of the normal computers retailers have got involved there I'm guessing it's fairly legally dubious.

It's worth pointing out that the fully legitimate version is pretty cheap these days, for most computers you'd install it on it's not even one of the top three most expensive components. It's not like the situation ten years ago where a proper copy of Vista Home Premium cost a third again the total price of a mid-range computer (£210 at the time, pre-credit crunch).
Those keys are legitimate/legal, they're off scrapped computers. I've bought a few of these keys and they work perfectly fine, It's legal to resell these licenses on with or without the motherboard. All they do is deactivate the license and sell it on.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 3rd Nov 2017
chocci10 h, 1 m ago

If it looks too good to be true......It will work...... for a short while

We have 4 pcs in the house & each one has Office installed using these codes from ebay.

Each PC has had it installed for 4, 3, & 2 (x2) years & none have had an issue.
Kmore3 m ago

We have 4 pcs in the house & each one has Office installed using these …We have 4 pcs in the house & each one has Office installed using these codes from ebay. Each PC has had it installed for 4, 3, & 2 (x2) years & none have had an issue.

Office 2016 been out 4 years then??
cliosport654 m ago

Office 2016 been out 4 years then??

"these codes" NOT "this code"

Why have you liked your own comment? lol
Edited by: "Kmore" 3rd Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions