Is this possible (bluetooth/headphones)

Posted 12th Jan
Tv without bluetooth but i want to use bluetoothheadphones.
I know that i could use a bluetooth adapter but have seen reviews of sync issues.
Is there a soundbar that connects to the tv which has bluetooth output to transmit audio to bluetooth headphones available?
I have looked but info not good, hoping somebody has tried this method.
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
I have a soundbar which has bluetooth, the purpose of it is to play music, so I imagine all soundbars would be bluetooth reception only, not bluetooth transmission.
I bought a kit sound adapter off amazon which I been using for 2 years now. I’ve never had any issues.
Lots of RX TX USB powered dongles that would work.

Just search ebay / Ali they use 3.5mm jack and can transmit.

cnx-software.com/201…mp/
Edited by: "mogsog" 12th Jan
Why use Bluetooth?
Too many issues with sync and range etc.
Why not go for headphones and wireless transmitters specifically designed for use with a TV such as this?
amazon.co.uk/Son…HF4
jco8312/01/2020 18:36

I have a soundbar which has bluetooth, the purpose of it is to play music, …I have a soundbar which has bluetooth, the purpose of it is to play music, so I imagine all soundbars would be bluetooth reception only, not bluetooth transmission.

There are definitely one some out there that can transmit bluetooth to headphones, my Yamaha soundbar does this. But for the OP then the kind of wireless headphones mentioned above would be a good choice.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 12th Jan
Before you waste any money on solutions. 1st Question, does the TV even have a 3.5mm headphone jack, most these days don't. That question will narrow down the choices of solutions already proposed or add another bit of kit needed.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 12th Jan
Quite recently Techmoan reviewed something similar, and it seems he's happy with it.

amazon.co.uk/Bli…_GB

£35 BlitzWolf bluetooth 5.0 (I personally find it expensive)
Edited by: "TobyZ" 12th Jan
Might I suggest something like this it uses the optical out of a TV (if one exists) and is low latency (no lag) with the advantage that plugging in a Bluetooth audio transmitter can cut off the TV's main speaker when in use, this will not.
If it's an older TV with scart, I'd be looking at something to take audio from said scart, again "low latency" is the key.
Is a very long headphone extension out of the question?
TV model or at least a picture of the rear connections would be of help (it may have those old red and white phono outs)
Edited by: "esar" 12th Jan
Thank you all for your information and help
I will further look into your links.
Thanks again
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions