Is this seller fobbing me off? (PayPal query)

Found 26th Nov 2016
Right guys & girls. I have a query which I know some of you savvy sods will be knowledgeable on!

I purchased some goods from a site, it was for 8 items, I received the parcel yesterday (They did an early black Friday) and one of the items I'd ordered wasnt there. Sent the guys an email & a facebook message instantly.. Received no response till the evening when I re messaged their facebook page, And they said 'Sorry item was out of stock - Refund processed'

Now I purchase a lot online, Through PayPal ect blah blah. From experience I know that the refund money may take ages to be available (not worried about that) but usually it will say something along the lines of 'refund +£20.00 pending'

This doesnt show on my account page, Am I jumping the gun or should it say the moneys been refunded? Again, Im fully aware the money could take a week to 'Clear' but shouldnt the refund transaction be instantly visible?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

No, it takes some time for this to happen. Remember, you have 45 days from the day of purchase to start a dispute, be patient.

Hello
From previous experience and been a seller I can tell you that PayPal will display that a refund is pending If it's true if you have made a purchase from a facebook page I will recommend you to open a case showing that the one item is missing to be on the safe side another thing you can do is to contact PayPal and ask if any refund is pending.

no i dont ! if the seller has refunded it will appear instantly but be "on hold" for 10 days to make sure the funds clear the buyers account before being returned to the buyers account.
hes lieing.
no refund has been sent. 100% being fobbed off.
you receive an email INSTANTLY when a refund is issued

As much as I hate PayPal, this is the busiest shopping week of the year, they may have a backlog and not shown it yet.

I would give them until Monday at least.

In my experience, if they issue a partial refund it usually shows instantly if they didn't claim the funds, it should show pending if they have to add funds to do it. So I would think if nothing at all is showing then they haven't done any refund. I would start a dispute as this often speeds things up.

Just tell him you cannot see the refund, and is there anyway they can show the refund has been issued.

Gentle_Giant

As much as I hate PayPal, this is the busiest shopping week of the year, … As much as I hate PayPal, this is the busiest shopping week of the year, they may have a backlog and not shown it yet.I would give them until Monday at least.

Exactly,surely it can wait until Monday,not everybody works on a weekend.

Original Poster

deals313

Hello From previous experience and been a seller I can tell you that … Hello From previous experience and been a seller I can tell you that PayPal will display that a refund is pending If it's true if you have made a purchase from a facebook page I will recommend you to open a case showing that the one item is missing to be on the safe side another thing you can do is to contact PayPal and ask if any refund is pending.

The purchase was through their official site, But I messaged them on their page just to get a more direct line of contact, As they didnt seem to want to respond my email!

Sidenote, Their facebook page has very mixed reviews.. Seems as if customer service isnt their forte, but I have made two previous orders with them which where fine.

Doesn't it depend on the method the seller has issues the refund?

If a partial refund was issued by the seller re the original transaction it should show straight away?

If it was a issued as a separate refund, or even a payment, from the seller to the buyer then it may take a few days to show?

OP, I'd alert PayPal to the fact that an item was missing, regardless of what the seller says, a genuine seller won't mind and will know it will be sorted in time, whereas an unscrupulous seller may get a tad agitated over it..?

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

As much as I hate PayPal, this is the busiest shopping week of the year, … As much as I hate PayPal, this is the busiest shopping week of the year, they may have a backlog and not shown it yet.I would give them until Monday at least.

Gentle_Giant

Im aware of that. But from past purchases, for example Asos. Once they inform me a partial refund has been sent it instantly shows in my PayPal as pending, I do not need the funds ASAP but im querying as to whether the process should be showing instantly or if that isnt always the case! Oh and about weekends, They both trade on them.

Yeah put up a PayPal query or complaint or whatever its called and add the response and explain you want the partial refund. That way the seller will pay a lot more attention as they can't afford to get their PayPal locked/suspended.

Allow time for cs to process your refund. Sometimes a separate team deal with PayPal payments rather than normal cs so it's possible they haven't processed it yet but will shortly

Original Poster

Asked the vendor if they have proof of the refund and they read the message with no response. Brought forward to PayPal, Havent escalated a claim yet. Will give them a chance till Monday evening.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Driving anxiety.88
    2. Any ideas for eye glare protection from computer screens?56
    3. Is this laptop any good33
    4. Appliance direct code or voucher22

See more discussions